I got the official Approval letter from insurance today!

Kim26
on 4/6/11 8:57 am, edited 4/6/11 9:04 am
I have Blue Cross Blue Shield, and I received the official letter of approval today - my surgery is scheduled for April 18th, so not too much longer to go!!  :)   I really would like to go and eat some of the stuff that I won't be able to eat AFTER the surgery...but they are taking my gallbladder out too and I am concerned that if I eat a bunch of junk now, my liver will be too big (Doc said that in 10% of his patients he can't get the gallbladder out because of the size of the liver.)  

When you got your approval, did you eat the stuff that you shouldn't because it was "the last time" you could eat that, or that portion? 
Lady Lithia
on 4/6/11 9:02 am
I thought about it but had a cold and no taste for anything

I mourned that steak dinner for several months postop.... until I had steak, and found it agreed with my pouch and tasted like heaven, and the mourning of that last meal that never was seems silly now

If I was doing it all over again, I probably still would have had that steak dinner that I never had..... but it wouldn't be much different from what I eat now.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

neweyeswideopen
on 4/6/11 9:13 am - Cedar Rapids, IA
Yeah! Congratulations.
"To dream, I must imagine pure joy, belive I can achieve perfection, and take pride in a life changing journey" - ME

1Haute Diva
on 4/6/11 9:20 am - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
Congrats!  I have to be honest, I'm already doing my last "full" meals and I'm far off from my surgery date.  I know I will never allow myself to eat the same portions again after surgery so I'm enjoying the portions right now.
- Shaw

dkwilliams1
on 4/6/11 12:07 pm - AK
yes, I am eating all the things I can now, but what I eat is low carb, so ?... Congrads to you !!!! My surgery is April 28th.

Kim26
on 4/6/11 1:49 pm
Congrats to you too! I'm sure we'll see each other on here, as this is such an amazing resource...full of wonderful people that I'm sticking around! Good luck!
Kim26
on 4/6/11 1:45 pm
Thank you, all! Yeah, I'm going to allow myself some good stuff and not beat myself up for it! Thanks again for the insight.
dianabelle12
on 4/7/11 1:29 am
yeah!thats my date as well good luck to you:)

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 340 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 256 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 14 replies · 72 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?