Biotin

Jodi H.
on 4/10/11 1:08 am - Apache Junction, AZ
Did anyone start taking Biotin pre-op?  Several of my friends did post-op & said it seemed to really help alot with hair loss.  After reading more about it I found that it also helps non-RNY people with hair, skin, & nails (my nails split, peel....they're a mess & have been forever).  I'm thinking I'm going to start taking it now so that by the time I have surgery I'll have some built up in my system so that I can keep as much hair as possible!

Jodi ** HW: 240 / CW: 221 / GW: 135
ttny007
on 4/10/11 1:10 am - NC
Adjustable Gastric Band on 06/10/11
Im waiting for my surgery, and I have been taking Biotin for years, works wonderful, that and chewable pre-natal vitamins.

Theresa
winslow411
on 4/10/11 2:14 am - NC
 Yes. My doctor suggested it. I think I think it is a good idea!! Good Luck!! I am 4 days post op!
Susank505
on 4/10/11 1:35 am - Mt. Pleasant, MI
I have had thinning hair for years and I did take some biotin a few years previous to surgery but I wasn't taking enough and didnt see much effect. 

Since surgery I am taking 5mg (5000mcg) daily and I AM seeing a difference!!  My hair strands are becoming thicker and I AM seeing new growth.  I am only 3+ months since surgery and I have no idea if this will help with the impending hair loss due to surgery but I will let you know!!
~Susan~    HT 5'6"
HW 278 / PRE-OP 270 / SW 260 / CW 197/ GW 150

WOOHOOO!!!!  I AM 60.8% TO MY GOAL WEIGHT!!!!!
"Be the change you want to see in the World" - Ghandi

Kenyatta W.
on 4/10/11 1:45 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13
HELLO...

MY SURGERY ISN'T UNTIL MID OCTOBER TO MID NOVEMBER AND I'M TAKING BIOTIN IN THE MORNING AND ZINC AT BEDTIME. FOR FEW YEARS NOW MY HAIR FELL OUT PLUS IT STARTED TO THIN. SINCE I'VE BEEN TAKING BIOTIN AND ZINC MY HAIR IS GROWING BACK!

SO IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO START NOW.

BEST WISHES!

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

lorilea
on 4/10/11 1:59 am - MN
I have always had pretty healthy nail and hair.  I started taking biotin right after surgery because you don't know how soon the hair loss will start.  Biotin does NOT help prevent losing your hair it only helps to make regrowth faster.  Also, Biotin doesn't get built up in your system, some of it gets used and what your body doesnt need just goes out through your waste.

siberiancat
on 4/10/11 2:40 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I took Biotin pre op and still had hair thinning.  I've also taken it every day post op along with B Complex and a supplement called Hair, Skin and Nails.

I've had hair loss after other surgeries also - it's not just from the RNY.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 494 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 476 views