How on earth do you get all water and protein in for the day?

Fat2Faboo
on 4/9/11 3:04 pm - NE
Seriously.. i had my surgery last wednesday.  it seems like anything more that two ounces.. i'm super stuffed.

i don't know how to get in all the required protein PLUS 48-64oz of water in daily.

Somebody PLEASE show me the proper way!
DYoung    
Fatback2
on 4/9/11 3:11 pm
Carry a bottle of water with you all day.  Also, drink your protein between meals.
Jessie K.
on 4/9/11 3:20 pm
What he said! I heard we should be drinking at least an ounce of water every 15 minutes. Liqiuds are something I never had a problem with. How long does the stuffed feeling last?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
rbednarski
on 4/9/11 3:29 pm
RNY on 04/23/10 with
It is going to take a little while to get up to the numbers you need to hit.  Do the best you can for now and sip sip sip.  It will get easier as you heal.  I now get over 100g of protein and over 100 oz. of liquid - but I'm almost a year out.

Highest ever: 390    Weight at 1st appt.: 365   Weight at surgery: 346

seattledeb
on 4/9/11 3:50 pm
Many people can't. It's really hard to do at first.
Focus on fluids. It doesn't have to be water. It can be broth,SF popsicles,diet green tea,..there are many choices. Also your protein shakes count as fluid too.
Just keep sipping. You don't want to get dehydrated. Dehydration will cause nausea which will make it even harder to get your fluid in
Take care,
Deb T.

janet2921
on 4/9/11 8:42 pm - Chicago, IL
It is indeed a challenge.  This is what I did:
1.  Kept an accurate food journal.
2. Selected very high protein food items like milk, chicken, beans and eggs.
3.  Small frequent meals.... about 5 per day.
4.  Water -> sip sip sip all day

I hope my strategy will give you some ideas.

Welcome to the Losers Bench!

Janet
"Respect the pouch & embrace the scale."

cent100

NIXMOMMIE
on 4/9/11 9:20 pm - NC
I also had surgery last wed and asked the very same question.  I even called my nut. she said it is virtually impossible to get it all in, but that doesnt mean not to try.  STRYING HYDRATED  is more important than anything right now.  But keep sipping.  Get a 4 oz glass/cup and make a tick sheet, get up between shows and when you go to the rr and drink then.  Drink anything.  Good luck to you.

Momma2nicknmike
on 4/9/11 10:47 pm - Beavercreek, OH
 Yep, I think getting all the fluids in is tha hardest.  Concentrate on getting all of your fluids in--sip, sip, sip all day.  Make sure and count all of the fluids from your shakes.  You can do it!!

Lynne    

Dave Chambers
on 4/10/11 12:13 am - Mira Loma, CA
If you "do the math", sipping 2 ounces every 15 minutes, working around not drinking before and after meals, you should be able to get 64 oz per day.  I found an unflavored protein, that is easily added to soft foods or to crystal lite water in your water bottle.  I had oatmeal with 27 g of this protein this morning.  I'd suggest attending support group meetings where you'll likely learn other options how to deal with post op issues. Dave

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

happyhealing
on 4/10/11 12:58 am
I flat just CANT, I can do 30 ou of water and 50 of protein, cant do anymore than that at 5 weeks out.
Most Active
Recent Topics