Traveling

Dizzymama
on 4/12/11 2:08 am - CA
First off I have to say how excited I am. After years of talking about it my husband and I are finally taking our kids to England for a couple of weeks. This time last year I would have dreaded the flight because of how cramped I would have been in the seat. Squishing something the size of a watermelon into the size if an apple just doesn't work. Now I'm sure it will be fine.

So here's my situation now. I'm looking to be gone for about 3 weeks. My protein drinks are what's going to be my issue. After going through several different types of protein I have been enjoying Oh yeah ready to drink shakes. I drink 2-3 a day. How on earth am I going to take 63 bottles of protein with me?

Okay I know I'm going to have to suck it up and just take the powder mixes but I really really don't want to. The oh yeahs are the only ones I don't have to choke down.

Any ideas to bring my ready to drinks with me would be greatly appreciated. Laughs and giggles because I'm nuts for wanting to take the bottles are welcome too.

Carebearny1999
on 4/12/11 2:30 am - Rochester, NY
Well they're not likely to let you take more than a couple bottles on the plane, and even then it's supposed to be purchased AFTER the security checkpoint Not sure if a Dr's note would hel*****t. As for taking 63 bottles--you'll need them in a suitcase to check, also would give you an extra suitcase for "goodies" to come home
losinitandlovinit
on 4/12/11 2:31 am
can you ship them to where you will be staying? 
nfarris79
on 4/12/11 2:32 am - Germantown, MD
 Not sure where you're staying, but have you thought about shipping your RTDs to there? Also, travel is always an adventure, so maybe buying some there? May not find the same brands but trying new things may be fun....

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

lynnc99
on 4/12/11 4:09 am
No liquids over 3 oz. Are going to make it through security, so don't even try to carry on unless you want to watch your wonderful drinks be tossed right before your eyes.

The options are to check the bag with the drinks (and consider the weight...), to ship them (which will probably cost as much as another ticket, but check with your local shipping store), to use powdered protein (which CAN go through security, by the way), or to look for ways you csn be sure to get your protein allotment from other sources, such as skim milk, eggs, or meat. (if you are on regular foods that is.)

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 233 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics