Is it so hard to believe that a person with a small waist can have big boobs!!!

beckipoohbear
on 4/11/11 7:17 am, edited 4/11/11 7:17 am - AZ
Soma Intimates...pretty much the only place I can find the unicorn-like in its elusivity 34DDD bra.  They probably about Victoria's Secret priced, better when they are running sales.

Rebecca

Edited b/c I do know the difference between its and it's. :)
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

ColleenA
on 4/11/11 7:20 am - NC
Try going from DDD to E...might help.  I wish I could say I know how you feel, but with my weight loss I believe my boobs are now considered non existent!
AliSarah
on 4/11/11 7:29 am
Lane Bryant has two kinds of stores, they have names for them but I can't remember it. Anyhow, if your store just has a bra section in the back, they will probably NOT have the 36DDD... BUT, if your store has two sides and half the store is Cacique and half of it is clothes, they probably WILL have the 36DDD... Usually, these have a second door at the mall and one door says LB and the other says Cacique, even though they are right next store and the two sides connect. I would call first and ask if they have the size you need in stock before you head over there!! :D

Huggles!!
~Sarah~

p.s. Imagine how much fun I have... My new bras are 36 I :D
 HW 316/ SW 264/ CW 187/ GW 158  
gbsinsatx
on 4/11/11 7:32 am - San Antonio, TX
 This is my size also. I really love these bras. I order mine on Kohls.com (Bali Live It Up Underwire Bra Size 36DDD).

Age at RNY: 55, Height: 5'4", Consultation Weight: 331 lbs-12/1/2009, RNY Surgery Weight: 281 lbs-3/22/2010, Goal Weight Reached: 141 lbs-6/23/2011, Lowest Weight: 126 lbs-12/11/2011

Current Age: 61, Current Weight: 161 lbs-5/20/2016Total Weight Loss Maintained: 170 lbs  

NewKBear_2010
on 4/11/11 8:12 am, edited 4/11/11 8:13 am - Grosse Pointe, MI
I just had good luck at Kohls.  They actually had a bra fitter there that day, and that was a God send to me.  Prior to wls, I was wearing a 44I and was shopping at a very expensive specialty boutique that carried those bigger sizes.  Now I'm comfortably in a 38DDD, and can shop at Kohls!!!   I found a nice Bali Minimizer and LOVE it.  it's so soft and comfy.  Once I settle into a weight, I'll definitely get a few more of these. The one I found isn't anything fancy, but I wasn't looking for that (just yet).  I just wanted a good everyday bra.

There's also
www.biggerbras.com.  I love this site and I know for sure they plenty of really pretty 36DDD's.  Which, by the way is a 36 F in those fancy European bras.

Good luck and happy shopping!!

Jane N.
on 4/11/11 8:59 am - Round Rock, TX
My 5'1", size 00, 16YO daughter wears a 32DDD.  The only place we've consistently found her anything that fits is Frederick's of Hollywood.    Talk about awkward! They do sometimes have good sales though.  My 24YO daughter has an equally challenging problem trying to find bras to suit a 38J.  Unfortunately, we've had to go to one of those custom fancy bra fitting shops to find anything that fits for her.  They run expensive but last for a long time.

AliSarah
on 4/11/11 11:27 am
I know it's far from TX, but it might be worth checking out www.wizardofbras.com  I get my bras there and while I know $35-50 is a lot for a bra, it's not nearly as bad as it could be!! I've gotten $100 bras from them as well, but I generally stick to the $40 Goddess/Alia bras. They are pretty great, I think!! They have online ordering and such so you can order them and have them shipped right to you! 

I also got a sports bra there last time I went, it's a 36 I and SO COMFY!! :D

Huggles!!
~Sarah~
 HW 316/ SW 264/ CW 187/ GW 158  
Laura in Texas
on 4/11/11 11:41 am
34DDD are even harder to find.  Especially when my boobs are mostly skin and I have to have enough support in the bra to roll up all my skin into.  Bleh!!  But hopefully I'll be getting a breast lift SOON!!  That being said,  I get most of my bras at the Hanes outlet store (usually Bali).  They're cheaper there than in their catalog.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

seattledeb
on 4/11/11 11:42 am
I wear a 36G..as in gee..your boobs are too big.
I went to a fancy pants lingerie store for my 50th birthday and spent 125 bucks on 2 bras.
I can not fit in a VS bra.

bethd63
on 4/11/11 11:37 pm
Nik--

I know it's a mindset, but girl...get out of the LB!  You are no longer a plus-sized gal.  Large  busted does not equal plus-size.  I have been all over every department store from Nordstrom to Kohl's having bra fittings, and get different recommendations at each place--ranging from 34 DDD to 36 D.  Finally, bit the bullet and went to Soma Intimates and explained that due to weight loss, I'm a difficult fit.  Look small and flat-chested, but the girls exist and need a supportive home.  The associates there were fabulous!  They brought a variety of styles and sizes and we really found out what worked.  I tried them on with a variety of tops over the bras to see how they'd look--even with a shaper over them.  They checked every trouble spot--the sides, the back the cleavage--adjusting shoulder straps as needed.  The bras are a little pricey--but well worth it!  Better to have one good, well fitting bra than a whole drawer full of lesser options.  Just sayin'.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 195 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 116 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 195 views