Sheila Thompson        
asmallerme2day
on 4/15/11 10:46 pm - NC
thank you for this information.
Sheila Thompson        
Carla M.
on 4/15/11 2:01 pm
RNY on 02/21/11 with
I don't know about the skin tear, but I know a LOT about boils. I used to get them all the time. My doctor told me to switch my shower soap to Ivory. Apparently, Ivory kills bacteria. I had no idea of this, but it works GREAT! I haven't had a boil since I started using it. I did forget to pack my soap when I went out of town for a week and, what do you know, I got a stinking boil! I will never wash with any other soap.

Also, Ichthammol Ointment is great for draining a boil. It's gross. It smells and looks like tar, but it works.

Good luck! Hope you get it all figured out soon!

asmallerme2day
on 4/15/11 10:45 pm - NC
WoW! Thank you so much for this information. I called Dr. Everything was noted on my chart. Still waiting on call back. The Boils finally did drain. Washing with Ivory soap now(smile) and putting nesoprin to make sure it heals properly. Skin tear actually looking great, Thanking God that I have no pain from either.

4 more days til surgery( wooop eeeeee)
Sheila Thompson        
Carla M.
on 4/16/11 1:42 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
Glad the hot compresses worked for you! It never worked for me. :( But now you know what you can use if, for some reason, you should get them again. Ivory is my best friend now. I always tell everybody about it that suffers with boils! It's worked for everyone so far!

Yay! So excited for you! You are going to feel great!...And just in time for summer!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics