Help... Im scared!

bunnicash
on 4/15/11 5:50 am - Sedalia, MO
Ok I had surgery 11 days ago. I was so sick of liquid things. I ventured off and ate some cheese(just regular american sliced cheese) not the whole thing of course but I tried it and had no problems. The next day I made me an egg scrambled it and ate about half out it. no problems again.  So I went to my 1 week post op dr app/class today which reminded us how bad it would or could be to jump start your diet. Well I freaked! I had forgotten the possible problems and side effects. before leaving to go to this I had about 6 oz of tomatoe soup. Because today when I woke up my side hurt. But I did paint a whole kitchen yesterday that me an my husband are working on. Have I screwed up my belly already??? Why is my side sore??? And I lost 25 lbs the first 7 days and day 8-11 no weight loss. :(   Help!! please!!
Lady Lithia
on 4/15/11 6:01 am
You are PROBABLY fine (I couldn't paint anything one week out of surgery)

If in DOuBT call your surgeon

And GET BACK on the program. You have your WHOLE life to eat yummy foods, a few weeks of not eating what you want isn't worth the mental torment you are now in!

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

bunnicash
on 4/15/11 6:02 am - Sedalia, MO
Yes, this is true! thank you! I'm gonna get back on track cuz no its not worth it one bit!
adamsamah
on 4/15/11 6:03 am - Nixa, MO
You are probably fine, just get back on the diet and stick to the progression your doctor gave you. Your left side will probably be sore for several weeks, that's where they put the biggest instruments in.
Be sure to drink your water and eat protein shakes if that's what your doctor says.
Just because something doesn't hurt you does not mean that you should eat it. Your new tummy is pretty numb right now but you should try to do what the professionals tell you and you should be fine.
Hugs,
Lana

Adamsamah, Lana
"WLS is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle and seeing how little you can eat.  Portion control is the key to all weight loss surgeries.  Bottom line - it isn't how much you can eat - it is how little you can eat."

Lady Lithia
on 4/15/11 6:04 am
I lost 24 pounds in the first week, 1 pound in week two, NOTHING in weeks three through EIGHT.... but here I am below goal.

It's normal not to lose for a while....sometimes quite a while... just follow the program.

*hugs*

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

FleurDeLis
on 4/15/11 6:17 am
You did a fair amount of exercizing in doing the painting. Check one of the websites that lists calories burned to check it out. I hope you at least used an extension on the roller like the pros do to make it easier!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 154 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics