PLEASE HELP!!!

Dana G.
on 4/21/11 2:56 am - OK
I had RNY 4/28/10 in KS, i moved to oklahoma,(the western part) and for the past almost 1 year i have been so healthy and everything has been going great! I am at a weight I feel works for me and i am happy with it.  On April 6th, i wa**** with an excruciating pain in my upper abdomen, i couldnt' lay down, sit down, it hurt, it felt like something was stabbing me and burning.  I finally took a tylenol and went to sleep, i went to work the next morning and worked all day w/pain.  The dr i work for decided to draw labs, they were good, everytime i would take a bit of anything or drink of anything it would trigger that pain.  I went home, later that evening, I couldn't stand it anymore, the pain was constant, i decided to go to the ER, had a CT, Xray, IV w/nexium, sent home still in pain...went to the dr the next morning, had a CT w/IV contrast, they told me i have a mass on my liver and a cyst on an ovary, but that was all they could see.  they wanted to do surgery on the cyst on my ovary...my ob/gyn said, that should NOT be causing you this pain, he consulted with a general surgeon, come to find out, i had a hernia on an incision that is 17 yrs old.  did hernia repair on that on 4/8/11, have been out of work.  That surgery helped a little, now, on april 18th, my bday, my husband took me to dinner, i ate nothing heavy, i watched what i had to eat, ate slow, the whole works, and bam, that pain ha**** me again, i couldn't even sit, stand, walk, it was the most painful thing EVER! They admit me to the ER, w/iv fluids w/demerol, that works for maybe 10 minutes and the pain is back.  They did a CT w/IV Contrast and find a small obstruciton in my bowel, (the lower part) well, they decide to admit me, i was on morphine, demerol, nexium for pain and for acid reflux.  I thought I had gotten rid of my acid reflux when I had my surgery, needless to say, the surgeon that did my hernia repair said, i am having muscle spasms and acid reflux...i don't know what to think..i'm still having pain when i eat anything at all! its a stabbing/burning pain.  I'm trying to locate a bariatric dr in oklahoma that knows what he's dealing with.  No offense to the general practice doctors, but i'm not your normal patient. I just want to feel better and get back to work..any suggestions or anyone been through this, please let me know what your thoughts are..i am desperate to get help.  Thank you so much!
"A girl should be two things: Classy and Fabulous!" Coco Chanel

navymom13760
on 4/21/11 3:04 am - Endicott, NY
Do you still have your gallbladder?  I ask because it is VERY common for RNY patients to need ours removed.  I know that the "attacks" can vary from person to person.  I had mine out almost 10 years ago and for me I felt like I was having a heart attack.  For my husband it felt like a sharp stabbing pain with heart burn.

I would ask for a (sp?) billiary scan...

I am perfectly content being perfectly UN-perfect

Start Weight 292/Surgical Weight 266/Current Weight 150

Dana G.
on 4/21/11 3:06 am - OK
I had my gallbladder removed when i was 7 months pregnant w/my 2nd child, which was 17 years ago, and that's where the hernia was.  Apparently the omentum had come through a hole and he thinks thats what was causing my pain.  But its still there. 

What is a billiary scan? what does it consist of? what does it search for?

NIXMOMMIE
on 4/21/11 3:06 am - NC
Any chance you may have a stricture. Please be very careful. sk the next dr about intusseption (sp) of the intestines. Very hard to diagnose, but very dangerous.
Dana G.
on 4/21/11 3:08 am - OK
what is a stricture and intusseption of the intestines? I am so sorry, but I have no clue whatsoever! I am trying to help myself and help a doctor figure me out....Oklahoma City is an hour and a half away from me and I'm waiting for a doctor to come back from lunch so i can call and see if i can get in to him, he's a bariatric dr. I feel so clueless!

cajungirl
on 4/21/11 6:12 am, edited 4/21/11 6:13 am
intusseption of the intestines is when your intestines "telescope" basically it's more common in infants but adults can/do have this happen also. 

http://www.pedisurg.com/pteduc/Intussusception.htm

The stabbing burning sensation also made me wonder if you possibly have an ulcer in your remnant stomach.

I hope you find answers soon.  Definitely find a bariatric surgeon.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 370 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 202 views