Bariatric Advantage Chews vs. Lozenges

Joanne M.
on 4/21/11 11:00 am - VA
RNY on 03/16/11 with
So, I got home tonight and was so happy to see a box with 240 BA chews.  Why was I so excited?  I couldn't take the chocolate lozenges anymore.  The chalky consistency was so annoying.  Well, I knew that the chews had 15 cals each - that is 75 more cals a day since the lozenges had ZERO cals. 

Did I mention they have 3g of sugar alcohols each?  And I need 5 a day.  Am I too early out to have these?  Who am I kidding - I've had 3 already and they are so good but which ones are really better for me?

berrixblonde
on 4/21/11 11:04 am - NY
 I've been on a calcium wild goose chase. First try was BA lozenges. I gag at the thought. Next, i tried Celebrate's Chewable calcium...100x better but still gritty and large. So i ordered the BA chews. I plan on having 1 Celebrate 500mg calcium and 4 chews. If its between brittle bones/messed up labs and 60 extra calories..im choosing the 60 calories. I wouldnt be compliant the other way.
Joanne M.
on 4/21/11 11:08 am - VA
RNY on 03/16/11 with
Did you have to buy the Celebrate's Chewable calcium online?  The shipping costs are killing me or did you find them in a store?  I like your idea of mixing your calcium up a bit.

berrixblonde
on 4/21/11 11:13 am - NY
 Buy them off of Amazon. Its a much better deal! They dissolve in ur mouth, not turn to thick paste like the BA chewables lol
Carol M.
on 4/21/11 11:51 am - TX
BA rep told me to let lozenges dissolve slowly in my mouth instead of chewing them.  I don't have any problem with them now and the cost is much lower than the chews.
Carol , East Texas