Cheese

Kimanne01
on 4/23/11 7:43 am, edited 4/23/11 8:06 am
So on Monday I graduate to the soft foods stage. YAY!  The outline I got says I can eat low fat soft cheese.  What exactly does that mean?  They didnt give me any suggestions and I want to make sure I eat the right things.  ANd what constitutes low fat? Thanks!

allvalerie
on 4/23/11 7:58 am - Seward, AK
Like the reduced fat mozzarella cheese sticks
Lady Lithia
on 4/23/11 7:59 am
string cheeses---mozzarella

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

redheadjean
on 4/23/11 8:07 am - Canton, MI

Light baby bel, laughing cow, any shredded low fat cheese. 

Jean  
angieh299
on 4/23/11 8:13 am
Be careful of the low fat. I am on full fat cheeses because the low fat motz slices are very hard to chew and are stringy and they don't go down very well and I was worried they'd get stuck.  I plan to switch to low fat later on but for now the softer the cheese the better.

ANNI D.
on 4/23/11 8:31 am
I agree with Angie. The low fat are harder to chew and if you put it on your food, it doesn't want to melt properly like regular. For as little as your going to eat of it, I would go with regular, I did, and I think most others do too. Good luck with your next stage!!
I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

RLP39
on 4/23/11 9:01 am, edited 4/23/11 9:02 am
Ricotta is another "soft" cheese many like at that stage and comes in regular, low-fat and fat-free.  Also, some goat cheeses and of course the all time favorite - cottage cheese.
HW/SW/CW/GW - 257/229/151/136                      

Kimanne01
on 4/23/11 9:04 am
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. It is greatly appreciated!
grmadeb01
on 4/23/11 11:31 am - FL
i have been getting the land o lakes cheddar cheese single serve ones..they are a 1 oz of cheese and they taste great...but i alway liked cheddar cheese before surgery...ny NUT said they are ok since i dont drink milk so this is my way of getting my dairy in...
hope this helps in some way
have a geat day
debby
redheadjean
on 4/23/11 1:18 pm - Canton, MI
Wow, I've never had any problems with the lowfat cheese.  The Kraft 2% cheeses melt great.  I use them on refried beans all the time and on chili.  The Kraft light string cheese is great too.  I wonder if people had problems with off or cheaper brands or something.  The laughing cow cheese is really soft and you almost have to eat it with a spoon.  They have about 4 flavors.
Jean  
Most Active
Recent Topics