waking up feeling very shaky ?

tlady68
on 4/24/11 2:53 am - lancaster, CA
The last several week's, I'm waking up in the middle of the night very hot and shaky. I've been having hot flashes for the last 5 years. So is this part of the menopause experience? Or something else is going on with my system? Any ideas is much appreciated>
H.A.L.A B.
on 4/24/11 3:14 am
Most likely Low Blood sugar - Rective hypoglycemia.  Google that.  Very common post op RNY. 
One way Ideal with it is to eat a late night snack - just befor bed - fat + proteins, i.e nuts, cheese turkey+ mayo. And to avoid carbs - specially simple carbs before bed.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Lady Lithia
on 4/24/11 3:39 am
I second what Hala said..... I usually have a handful of nuts before bed to stave off any RH episode in the night.... it can be very scary to wake up in the middle of the night, sweating like a dog, heart racing, hands shaking, feeling like death.... and it can be dangerous too. It happened to me once, and I found that my pulse was at 240!

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 398 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 498 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 480 views