having a rough night - help

PriscillaY
on 4/24/11 12:34 pm - Highland Falls, NY
well on friday i posted in here and one of you told me to get in touch with my surgeon because i was vomiting with everything excep****er- even other clear liquids and protein. he called me back at 11 pm and said as long as i could ge****er down and not bring it back up i didn't need to go to the hospital. since then he's been calling me twice a day. he doesn't think its a stricture, he thinks its just something i ate that disagreed with my pouch and got stuck in there and is blocking it up. i don't know if i believe this but he is the professional.

i can't help but be really depressed about this. i'm starving. i'm really hungry and today was supposed to be my first day of solids and i guess i'm second guessing myself. not only did i miss out on participating in easter with my family but it was also my mother's 50th birthday so i got to watch everyone chow down on pretty much everything i used to eat pre op. as if its not bad enough i've been so lethargic from not eating and not taking vitamins (doc's orders for yesterday, today and tomorrow) that i've been sleeping hours and hours. i'm just really upset and i still don't know whats going on with my body. and then of course i had to leave work early saturday and i don't know if i can call out again tomorrow without losing my job or not being able to pay my bills.

i'm definitely having a "why did i do this?" moment. i could seriously just cry all night.

highest weight: 387 starting weight: 375 current weight: 223 goal weight: 175    
DeeNadj
on 4/24/11 12:50 pm - Malmstrom AFB, MT
Go to the ER. You are dehydrated, lethargic, sleeping too much, and you are emotionally upset. They will check your vitals, get some IV fluids in to you, and see if you need to be admitted for central IV nutrition. This is what happened to me, and it sucks, no question. PLEASE go to the ER before this gets really bad.

Hugs for you,  my dear.
Dee
RNY March 21, 2011!! I'm feeling great!!
Busy Mommy of 4, Proud USAF Wife, Quilter, and TRIATHLETE!!               
PriscillaY
on 4/24/11 12:54 pm, edited 4/24/11 12:55 pm - Highland Falls, NY
i just feel like thats going behind my surgeons back, and its later at night. i don't want to make a big deal out of nothing. how do i know if i'm dehydrated? i do get a little dizzy from time to time, small spells. gah. i'm so scared.

highest weight: 387 starting weight: 375 current weight: 223 goal weight: 175    
Kim26
on 4/24/11 1:06 pm
I don't think the surgeon will get mad for you going to ER. This has been going on for quite some time...something has to be done for you. I agree...go to ER. Not only will they check you out, but of something is wrong your job can't fire you with doctor's notes.
Lady Lithia
on 4/24/11 1:13 pm
Awww Priscilla, I know this is tough..... I'm so glad that your surgeon cares enough to keep calling you back.

I know it's tough, particularly during a holiday...

Know that you have support here.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

gizmo113
on 4/24/11 8:30 pm - Camby, IN
 Boo! I don't like reading this at all! And you were doing so well!!! 

I hope you wake up today feeling much better. If not, I agree with everyone above... I would go to the ER and get some fluids in you.

Sending good thoughts your way!

Follow me on my blog!!! www.fittingmethin.blogspot.com