Capsules OK?

Kim26
on 4/25/11 12:24 pm
OK, I just took my first Multi Vitamin prescribed by my doctor - she had written it for Ferricon, and said whatever they fill it with is fine because not all pharmicies carry Ferricon. Walgreens gave me Ferotrin Capsules. I have been concerned about the timing of taking them (I posted a couple of hours ago)...but as I was just swallowing this horse pill, it felt kind of rough on the back of my throat (but I haven't really eatten anything solid for over a week) and I started thinking - are capsules, especially ones this size, OK for my healing pouch?  Should there has been something specified about capsules vs tablets?  Maybe I am just over-reacting because everything has been going so well, and I don't want anything to mess that up!

Thanks!

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces, while regret weighs tons.? - Jim Rohn   
"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." - Bill Cosby

(17 lbs lost pre-op)
mrskreuter
on 4/25/11 1:43 pm
RNY on 02/24/11 with
Capsules are fine according to my Dr. I had my surgery 2/24/11 RNY. I've been taking capsules since I came home from the hospital and have not had any problems. I  take a collection of pills and capsules 2x day. My Calcium is chewable as well as my multi vitamin. they are the size of a quarter. My iron is a capsule as well as other medications i take but outside of not taking them all at once i do one at a time with some water or yogurt. I just graduated from The puree stage. hope this helps...Take care, Debbie

lee12197
on 4/25/11 1:46 pm
RNY on 02/28/11 with
Capsules should be fine. I have been taking prilosec in a capsule since the day of my surgery. I got it in the hospital at like 8 pm and had surgery at like 230pm

Kim26
on 4/26/11 2:29 am
Thank you both!  OK, I feel better about it! It's that fleeting though of  Uh-Oh! that had me worried - glad to see that you two are doing well!!! :)  Thanks again!

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces, while regret weighs tons.? - Jim Rohn   
"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." - Bill Cosby

(17 lbs lost pre-op)
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 343 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 183 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 268 views