Update to my Grandfather's Status

Heather M.
on 4/26/11 10:19 am - MI
Thank you EVERYONE who thought about us in the past few days.

The original surgery for my 82 year old grandfather was sucessful and he did great. It fixed the anuerysm in the aorta. He was on par to go home today from the hospital.

Today I was told by my parents that somehow during the surgery, something either got blocked, or lodged, etc and there was no blood flow to his leg. He was awake after the heart surgery and telling them that he couldn't feel his leg. Anyway, they decided to go in to try to bypass the problem. But since he had had breakfast this morning, he had to wait until about 3ppm today.

They started him on blood thinners and my mom told me that right before he went into surgery he said he was getting some feeling back. I JUST got the text from my mom (Text because there are 3 of us kids and she texts updates to all at the same time) and he is out of surgery.

They did a bypass and a stent. Blood flow returned and it looks like there is no permanant damage to the leg. He will most likely need physical therapy for a few weeks to get strength back though.

He is in ICU now. All the issues have been resoved and I am so joyous! God really does listen, and he really does protect those that need it. I thank you all, and I pray for God to hold and keep you all and your families in return for your life-saving prayers for my grampy.

GOD BLESS YOU.
Mindy C.
on 4/26/11 10:50 am
Yay! Glad to hear things turned out well despite a little bump in the road!
mdolan20
on 4/26/11 11:50 am - Brick, NJ
Melissa HW:350 SW:333 CW:234 GW:128

LBinSC0712
on 4/26/11 12:31 pm
so glad he is doing ok! Continued prayers for you and your family.

Carebearny1999
on 4/26/11 12:57 pm - Rochester, NY
YAY!!! So glad to hear he's well!
bunnyandbubby
on 4/26/11 1:45 pm - Henderson, NV
 That's great news.  I'm so glad - I've been sending good thoughts your way, and will continue to do so!  
ANDREA 

HW 290/GW 159 (reached 2/19/11)/CW 142