How often do you weigh yourself?

cate81
on 4/26/11 4:54 am
 Every time I fell like eating some chocolate, lol

navymom13760
on 4/26/11 5:03 am - Endicott, NY
I weigh in every morning after I pee butt naked.  I don't worry too much if it fluctuates 2-3 pounds. 

I am perfectly content being perfectly UN-perfect

Start Weight 292/Surgical Weight 266/Current Weight 150

paranoidmother21
on 4/26/11 5:15 am - Lake Zurich, IL
I'm a bad example. I weigh twice a day - first thing in the morning after I pee, and then right before I go to bed.

HOWEVER ----

The evening weigh in is me learning about how sleep impacts my weight: I've learned that if I get 7 hours of sleep, I lose about 2 pounds overnight. If I get 8 - 8 1/2, I lose about 3 most times. It means nothing else and I do not track or count it.

The morning weigh in is for data purposes only - I do log it in a spreadsheet, but the only weight I actually do anything with is my weekly average. Within a week I'll bounce 3-5 pounds easily, but my week to week average has been within a pound for about 6 months.

If you can handle the data, it's fun to learn what your body does with calories/protein/carbs/fat/exercise, but if the fluctuations make you nuts (and they do make my husband nuts), don't think about going there!
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

babybooo828
on 4/26/11 5:27 am
 weigh when you want to and feel comfortable doing so.

I wouldn't suggest weighing more than once a week though.... people who weigh themselves everyday tend to freak out with how weight changes daily (going up or down). It seems they get all worked up whent he scale goes up from the previous day, not really understanding things like water weight and so on.

Also, a tip for weighing yourself is to be consistant with it. If you weigh in the evening, make sure you always weigh in the evening. If you weigh in the morning, then always weigh in the morning. Dr. Oz suggests that people weigh right away in the morning after using the bathroom. Also, be consistant with clothing you are wearing. Always be nake, or wearing light pjs, or your regular clothes. Say one week you weigh in your clothes, then the next naked... you will see a bigger differance because of the lack of clothing. 

jnt_179
on 4/26/11 5:31 am
I weigh daily but only the friday weigh in counts.

HW:345lbs/SW:319lbs/CW:210lbs/GW:170lbs

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/26/11 5:34 am - OH
I got got in the "trap" of weighing every single day when I was first post-op.  It started making me crazy, though, when the stalls and slowdown**** so I started weighing only once per week on the same day every week.  I was MUCH less stressed that way.  When you weigh every single day, you start seeing all of teh NORAML daily water weight fluctuations taht you never noticed before because you were AVOIDING the scale... and almost everyone freaks out (and then posts here about their "weight gain only x weeks out"!) when they see the scale go up, even if it is only for 2 or 3 days.  It's just not worth the stress!

Even in miantenance, daily fluctuations don't give you any more of a "heads up" to a slight weight gain than weighing once a week because you don;t know whether it is water or not.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

condrabo
on 4/26/11 5:36 am
I used to weigh every Monday but now that it's starting to level out, I weigh more often, just to keep track of where I am. Monday weigh in's are the only ones I record though.
HW/283/CW 191/SGW 160/PGW 140
Height 5'7"         

jazzycatz
on 4/26/11 5:49 am - Joppa, MD

My official weekly weight is my Tuesday morning weigh in.  My surgery was on a Tuesday so I just went with it.  I try to keep of the scale otherwise but I can't lie, I find myself stepping on it without even realizing what I am doing.  But I don't let them freak me out and I don't chart those weights. 

Took me a bit to get here though.  My first 3 months I weighed everyday.  But it will drive you crazy if you let it. 

Tristabelle
on 4/26/11 7:24 am
I haven't had my surgery yet but I'm fighting a hard battle to lose weight preop. when I started this journey I weighed only on Thursdays but I quickly discovered how devastated I became if I didn't see a loss or worse yet a gain. Now I weigh every morning using my Wii fit balance board and it doesn't bother me anymore to see a slight gain or no loss because over the months I've been able to see the pattern my body loses weight. I don't know if my attitude will change after surgery but I'm really hoping not.

Laura in Texas
on 4/26/11 7:37 am
I'm 2.5 years out and still weigh daily.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
Recent Topics