What to bring to Family BBQ

FairRhonda
on 4/29/11 9:19 am - Durham, NC
Hi Friends,
I'm going to a family BBQ/wedding reception tomorrrow, and I need some advice on what to bring that is both festive and safe for me to eat.  I'm 4 weeks out and in the "soft foods" stage.  Any advice?

Thank you!

HW - 300             SW - 289 (4/4/11)
CW - 251             GW - 175
vitalady
on 4/29/11 9:25 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Deviled eggs. I have NEVER brought any home from a potluck. You can use a cake squirter thingy if you want fancier. You can eat them. Good protein, very filling and the mayo will not ever make you fat again. Cheap to make and seriously, ppl love them.

OK, you can eat the stuffing. The white might be complicated even chopped to bits, but maybe you can make yourself like egg salad of the guts?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

newtintn
on 4/29/11 9:42 am - TN
 The mayo will never agian make you fat? How so? Like REGULAR mayo? Another thing Im looking forward to next week...deviled egg filling! YUM! lol

vitalady
on 4/29/11 9:55 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Because you malabsorb fats/oils to a degree. Only sugar makes us fat again.

I mean, we're talking, what? 1 tsp for your portion?

Fat free stuff is higher in sugars and tastes yucky. FF mayo? Axle grease. I used it to finish a rough hewn wood table.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

poet_kelly
on 4/29/11 9:43 am - OH
Jello or a pudding dessert.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

newtintn
on 4/29/11 10:08 am - TN
 Well thats great to know, i LOVE mayo and the thought of having to eat low fat or ff mayo was down right depressing lol THANKYOU! lol. I just saw a post for a yummie looking key lime pie recipe on "foodies" page? Not real familiar with her  but she has some yummie looking stuff on there...hang on ill find the link

newtintn
on 4/29/11 10:09 am - TN

Tessie W.
on 4/29/11 11:30 am
I took SF jello with SF cool whip (scant) to our family Easter meal because I can treat it  basically like a liquid - so mid afternoon when others were hitting the choc eggs and cheeseballs I had some jello! 

purplecrayon
on 4/30/11 6:56 am - NJ
Deviled eggs except with TUNA! yes tuna and so delicious and talk about protein overload! Just mix tuna and egg yolk and fill like you would w regular deviled eggs and season to taste.
Most Active
Recent Topics