NSV for me!

babybooo828
on 5/1/11 2:34 am
 I was shoping in Wal-Mart for some athletic shorts that I could wear to physical therapy. I only own a few pair of jeans that fit and all other pants I have are too big (a good problem to have). I thought that the jeans would be hard for me to wear to pt because I will be working on my back and knees. 

So I went to the mens department cause usually I find their clothing to be more cost efficient and I don't like how short women's short are. I picked out some shorts that I liked and thought would fit. Then I went to the women's department to look for a few shirts. I ended up finding some althletic capris (like t-shirt material or maybe like yoga pants) that were a dollar less than the mens shorts. I decided to get these because then I would end up wearing them for more than pt. I generally don't wear mens clothes out in public. So I picked up three pair in what I thought was a size 16. I also got some shirts, then headed home without trying these on. My back pain was too bad for me to shop for long and way too bad for me to even think of trying to try on clothes.

So Friday morning comes and I put on a pair of these capris and a top. My mom comments on how good they look on me (especially compaired to most of my clothing that is too large) and asked what size I got. I said, I believe a size 16 but you can check. So she looked at the tag in the back of my pants and it was a size 12/14! I was so tickled pink and happy. I ended up having to exchange the other two pair because those had been a size 16. So it was really great that I wore that particular pair that day and that my mom had asked what size they were.

I know that I cannot wear a size 12/14 in everything I buy, but it is a start to be out of the plus sizes. In jeans, I currently have a 16... some fit and some at too big.  This just makes me smile, so I thought I would share it. Its awsome to have this experience to keep me motivated.

nfgfaniam
on 5/1/11 2:42 am - Jeffersonville, IN
I can definitely relate to this NSV! I am currently in a 16, but I can wear some 14's. It feels so good! Congratulations to you!!!
~Sharon Marie

PopeyesGirl
on 5/1/11 3:20 am - OH
Awesome!!!!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 359 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 267 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 349 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?