Full Liquid Diet Day 1

sstratton1970
on 5/1/11 3:40 am - NV
I had surgery on Wednesday, April 27, 2011. I was on the first phase of Clear Liquids. I continued with this until today, Sunday, May 1, 2011. I started my phase 2 of Full Liquids. This morning for breakfast I used 3 tablespoons of dry instant oatmeal and 2 ounces of soy milk. I added 1 tablespoon of Unjury Unflavored Protein and added my grounded up prilosec prescription to it and 1/2 teaspoon of Torani syrup and blended it until smooth. I heated it up in the microwave. I think took out 3 tablespoons for me to eat and thinned it again with water. Did I do this right. I hate the prilosec. It is nasty. I have to open it and ground the medicine. It doesn't taste good. I realize that I didn't eat the whole entire medicine because the oatmeal I ate was only 3 tablespoons and had some remaining in the plastic container. I guess I didn't think it through. Any suggestions. I appreciate you guys.
Cheryl Allan
on 5/1/11 3:58 am - Canada
I was allowed to swallow mine after 3 days, if you break it up into small pieces and see how you go one bit at a time this may work out better for you but you seem to be doing everything fine
Cheryl Allan

HW...355......SW....322...CW 281

Paula R.
on 5/1/11 4:45 am - White House, TN
I'm a week out from surgery. My instructions were to open the prilosec into a tablespoon of applesauce and eat it without chewing.
remembrtherain
on 5/1/11 7:29 am - San Francisco, CA
all my meds have to be ground, crushed, or opened for 3 months post-op. I was also told no oatmeal but yes on cream of wheat and cream of rice. I still need to pick up some torini syrups. I think I would get a bit more down with them in my life.

I hope you're doing well, it did sound pretty good. though!
sjperkins
on 5/1/11 11:26 pm
One piece of information I can give you is this...Prilosec is NOT crushable!!  If you are using capsules they can be sprinkled but not crushed!  This makes the medicine not effective.  I work in a pharmacy  and this is something we go over with patients all the time.  I suggest buying the tablets.  You can take them by mouth, if you are scared of the size you can half them just DO NOT crush them.  I promise you this is reliable information.  I am one week post op today and I take the tablets... I half them and swallow them with no problem!!!  Hope this helps!! One other helpful hint is that prilosec is available in generic if you have a prescription and your insurance will cover it.  Saves you alot of money!!!  Ask your primary care to write you one.... Big cost difference.  These are capsules called omeprazole and they can be sprinkled.. NOT CRUSHED!!! Hope this gives you an option at least......
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 233 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views
Recent Topics