Just got my date for surgery

sylvan
on 5/3/11 12:45 pm
The lady said, "How about Monday?"  I said, "This Monday?"  She said, "Yes."  Panic filled my head but then I thought, why not?  Why put it off?  Go ahead and get it over with.  So I said, "Yes."

I have to do the liquid protein diet between now and Monday.  The doctor didn't think putting surgery off for another week would make that much difference when it came to shrinking my liver.  We talked about all the complications.  Those didn't scare me much.  The doctor made me feel very calm about the whole thing.  

Now, so long as I don't lose my nerve everything will be fine. 
jennytmitch
on 5/3/11 12:50 pm - NC
Dr. Enochs is great and the nurses here at Rex are wonderful too. Best of luck and sip, sip, sip and walk, walk, walk.  I am only one day post op and am still in the hospital and wish I had done it sooner. 

sylvan
on 5/4/11 5:50 am
So glad to hear from you!  You must be doing well if you're on the computer.  Did they say when you might be able to come home?

jennytmitch
on 5/4/11 8:07 am - NC
I am home.  They would have sent me home yesterday, but I wasn't ready yet.  I am just really sore and not wanting to eat anything, but am forcing myself to sip, sip, sip and walk, walk walk.  Yes it will hurt, but you will feel better.

sylvan
on 5/4/11 8:30 am
I've had my gallbladder removed, 2 c-sections, an exploratory lap, and a hernia repair.  How does the pain rate against any of these?  Worse?
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 265 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 313 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 330 views