Did anyone get their gallbladder out at the same time as surgery?

evacheryl1959
on 5/4/11 12:45 am - OH
 I have surgery on the 17th.  Dr. called and said my test showed that I had gallstones in my gallbladder and they would take it out at the same time of surgery.  Did anyone else have this done and was there other problems that went with this?  Just wondering.
Sue C
on 5/4/11 12:54 am - Fargo, ND

I had my gallbladder removed at the same time of RNY.  My dr does it as a routine.  A lot of people end up having it removed after surgery so why have to go thru another surgery.  Had no problems.

~ Sue ~

257/162/150

Amanda S.
on 5/4/11 12:54 am - MI
I had this done at the same time as mine. I am now 6 months out today and feeling good. You really couldn't tell a difference. You might have just a little more pain then the average patient but not by that much. Its nothing to worry about if all goes well you should feel good in like 2 weeks Hope all goes well!

bubbylucy
on 5/4/11 12:56 am - Raleigh, NC
My sister had hers done at the same time, and after having the rny myself it seemed like she was in a little more pain than myself. It was still not to terribly severe but I think her pain was a lttle worse. Still it is a great idea to have both done at the same time, once you recover you will be glad you do not have your gallbladder any more.

Wish you all the best.
Audra

evacheryl1959
on 5/4/11 1:18 am - OH
 Thank you so much for you replies.  It sounds like a good thing to go ahead and get it done at the same time.  I appreciate you sharing your knowledge of that.  Wish me luck!
Kim26
on 5/4/11 1:41 am
I had mine out at the same time too - I was so thankful because I did not want to face another surgery down the road for it. I had very little pain.  Good luck!!!! 

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces, while regret weighs tons.? - Jim Rohn   
"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." - Bill Cosby

(17 lbs lost pre-op)
Amy R.
on 5/4/11 1:49 am
Add me to the list. I had my gb out and a hernia repair in addition to a near total gastrectomy and the RnY thing done to my intestines. I don't know if it hurt more than average, but it wasn't that bad. And it was so nice to have it all done at once. =)
silly_sandy
on 5/4/11 5:15 am - IL
Add me, too.  I'm glad that little sucker is out.  Last thing I want now that I'm feeling great is pain and more surgery.  I also had a hiatal hernia repaired at the same time.  After a couple weeks, I started feeling pretty good.  Now I feel great!

HW: 307  SW:  254  CW: 177 GW: 150