OTC multi and calcium

hellokittycrazee
on 5/3/11 2:39 pm - NJ

Can anyone recommend a good multi and calcium that I can get at most drugstores?  I didn't order my bariatric vitamins in time and I don't want to go without while I'm waiting for them. I can swallow pills according to my plan but I'm hoping to avoid big ones.  Thanks guys  

Amy R.
on 5/3/11 5:19 pm
Believe it or not, there was a thread on this just a few hours ago.  I'm too lazy to re-type, so here is my answer to that one:

"Post Date: 5/3/11 3:21 am
The only vitamins I get in a "regular" store are my Centrum chewables, and Citracal Petites (Calcium Citrate + D).

I get Bariatric Advantage Cinnamon Calcium Lozenges from Vitalady at www.vitalady.com. All of my other supplements I get via Rx, including Vitamin D, Vitamin B-12 and iron. (In my case, it's cheaper for me to go the prescription route on most things).

I know a lot of folks get many more of their vitamins from Vitalady and other online sources. I don't know much about supplement stores and other vitamin shops but I hear of many who get their's that way. You just get to do the research and decide who/what you want to go with - their are so many options!

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow and take care!"

Best of luck finding what you are looking for    =)
hellokittycrazee
on 5/3/11 5:22 pm - NJ

Thanks Amy I missed that thread!!  lol

Price S.
on 5/3/11 9:35 pm - Mills River, NC
I prefer the CVS generic version of Centrum silver chewables to the Centrum and it is cheaper.  CVS also has a calcium, D3, mag that is a pill and seems to be fine.  My B12 also came from there.  I did order Vita Lady's D3 50,000 to get me level up which was low before surgery.  As long as you can do pills instead of needing everything in chewables, you can find what you need at most good Rx.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

lee12197
on 5/4/11 7:53 am
RNY on 02/28/11 with
i just found liquid calcium at vitamin world. Its orange vanilla, it has a wicked aftertaste but it only lasted like a min. They also have a strawberry flavor. It was only $11 for a big bottle too and 1 tablespoon is equal to 600 of calcium so i take one at lunch time and one before i go to bed and im set for the day!

Bootssie
on 5/4/11 8:51 am - CA
RNY on 12/17/10 with
On the liquid calcium, be sure it is 100% calcium citrate.   I found that many of them are a combination of citrate and something else.  Also, you should be getting 1500 to 2000 of calcium so you probably need 3 doses, not 2.

lee12197
on 5/4/11 1:27 pm
RNY on 02/28/11 with
Yeah i checked its 100% it took me forever to find it tho....My surgeon said 1200 of calcium...i can do 1500 to 2000 tho...i just have to figure out where to put the third one...i cant take calcium with my multi b.c of the iron in the multi right?

Bootssie
on 5/4/11 5:04 pm - CA
RNY on 12/17/10 with
That's correct.  If your multi has iron in it, take your calcium at least 2 hours apart.  Mine doesn't so it makes it easier to figure out where to put everything during the day.