Stuck In the 220's

Vicki E.
on 5/4/11 2:13 am
Hi....I am 2 months out and I have been stuck in the 220's for the last 2 weeks.  I am down 42 lbs total and getting frustrated.  I feel like I am doing something wrong.  What can I do to start up my weight loss again?

Vicki
 “Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be? George Sheehan

Frank_B
on 5/4/11 2:18 am - Woodbridge, NJ
Stalls will happen time to time  do not let it fustrate you.

What i usually do is stick with the meal plan and up the protein i am taking in,  also if it a long stall i change the amount of calories i take in a day (increase) for a few days and then go back down, i think after a while you body begins to get used to your new intake and you have to shake it up a bit so to speak

Good luck!!!!!  but whatever you do  don't let it fustrate you or get you down  It happens to all of us

Danielle B.
on 5/4/11 2:21 am
I am 6 months out and around the same time frame, I had the same kind of stall. The best piece of adviice that I got from this board was don't stress about it, your stressing will increase your cortisol levels and cause your body to hold onto the weight. Just do what your program tells you to do at each stage, and focus on other non-scale victories (NSV's). Also, I had noticed at that point, even though the weight wasn't dropping, my clothes were getting looser. Make sure you are getting your water in and excercise.. Good Luck!

psx chelly
on 5/4/11 2:31 am

Its okay.  I stalled too.  My surgery was Jan 31st 2011.  The first time it was about 2ish weeks.  I am currently on my second stall which is going on its 3rd week.  Am I upset?  Yes.  Will it pass?  Prolly... but I dont know when.  Do I cheat?  Nope, and I even have a special diet because of my PCOS.

so come on over here and we'll keep each other company.

Pam211
on 5/4/11 2:31 am - Lexington-Fayette, KY
I am over a year out and have been in a stall since mid February and have fluctuated between the same 5 lbs, am just a few pounds from "onederland".  Over the past 5 days I've finally been consistently at the bottom of the 5 lbs, and am hoping to break  it soon!  I've had many stalls along the way, but this is by far the longest, so stay strong and hang in there!

TheButterflye
on 5/4/11 5:16 am - Prince Georges County, MD
My advice for stalls and fluctuations like the one I am dealing with, FORGET THE SCALE and stop doing whatever you are doing that you shouldn't be OR do more of what you are doing-more water, more protein, more exercise, etc. If you focus on doing the MORE, you'll forget the scale and it usually starts back moving again pretty quickly (for me it has).

Vicki E.
on 5/4/11 10:22 pm
Thanks everyone for your support.  I am trying not to be addicted to my scale, but it is hard.  Starting today I am going to increase my protein and water and start exercising more.  Good luck on your journeys.

V
 “Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be? George Sheehan

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 429 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 282 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 161 views
Recent Topics