LIVER SHRINKING DIET

deshaun420
on 5/5/11 7:28 pm - MD
HELLO MY SURGERY IS MAY 17TH, I AM ON THE 2 WK. LIVER SHRINKING DIET. IT SUCKS. I'M ON THE STRAWBERRY OPTISOURSE. WHAT ARE SOME GOOD WHEY POWER TO GET?  I WORK 11PM-7AM AND TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IS A GOOD EATING/ SORRY DRINKING SCHEDULE FOR FREAKFAST, LUNCH, DINNER, SNACK. CAN ANYONE HELP??? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.      TYRON
janet2921
on 5/5/11 9:54 pm - Chicago, IL

I attended a scientific conference the other day.  The speaker discussed a diet for losing weight.  Its short term, but here it is:

You can eat to satiety with foods included in this meal plan.  No need to weigh and measure out food items.

The foods should include protein and fats. 

Limit fruits to lemon, lime and tomatoes. 

No CARBS inthis meal plan.

Always remember that the following 6 carbs are dangerous!  Avoid the following carbs:

1. Bread

2. Rice

3. Pasta

4. Cereal

5. Potato

6. Tortillas

Janet
"Respect the pouch & embrace the scale."

cent100

deshaun420
on 5/6/11 9:54 pm - MD
hello thank you so much i will stay away from those carbs.
TCULinda5
on 5/5/11 11:36 pm - TX
Hey there!
The liquid diet does suck, but after you get past the first couple of days of head hunger you should be fine. I tried to mix things up so I wouldn't get bored with my protein shakes. My nutritionist recommended using Nectar protein powders (4 per day with 8 oz of FF milk). On top of that, I always had sugar-free popsicles and low sodium, low-fat chicken broth on hand. Another option I enjoyed that my nutritionist recommended were the Atkins Advantage protein shakes (make sure to get the LOW CARB options). I found these at Wal-mart. Hope this helps!

-Linda
HW: 267, SW: 246, CW: 239, GW: 140
deshaun420
on 5/6/11 9:59 pm - MD
Hello thanks for your response. I will be going today to buy me some sugar-free popsicles and low sodium, low fat chicken broth. I's hard when you go to lunch and you smell other ppl food. YUMMY.8-(
LJ1972
on 5/6/11 6:05 am - FL
 I work nights as well so I hear you on trying to figure out a meal schedule!
I am not on the liquid diet, but I am on the medically supervised diet my insurance requires. 
Immediately in the evening when I get up I have a protein shake because I am in no mood to deal with anything :) .  I would say on the strictly liquid diet plan on drinking something every couple of hours? I like warm stuff before I go to sleep, so maybe you can go to http://www.bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/
 or http://www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ and find some yummy ways to have warm protein drinks / "hot cocoa"  etc.

Good luck and keep us posted!!
deshaun420
on 5/6/11 10:05 pm - MD
THANK YOU SO MUCH, I WILL BE CHECKING THEM OUT TODAY. WHAT TIME DO YOU HAVE BREAKFAST, LUNCH, DINNER, SNACK??? THANKS FOR UR RESPONSE.
LJ1972
on 5/7/11 4:06 am, edited 5/7/11 4:08 am - FL
I just reversed everything. I've worked overnights for the majority of my working life, so it just seems "right" to me to want chicken and veggies at 7am LOL>
For the liquid diet there aren't really a lot of options... just every 3hrs and hopefully you have enough wiggle room to change things up some.

For real food:
Keep in mind I am pre-op.
My schedule was 930-6. I was usually up at 8 and have a protein shake. Around 11 I have either a small cup of the low fat yogurt, or no sugar added applesauce (Love Mott's Healthy Harvest brand). I'd eat my "lunch" at around 2 - usually a Lean Cuisine, Smart Ones or the like. If I was at my parent's during the day I sometimes have leftovers from there.
Here is where your mileage may vary.... I didn't sleep all day, but broke it up. So I would have a "big" snack when I got home - another protein shake, some oatmeal or a scrambled egg. Then do my quick chores (I have a lot of animals) and go to bed. I usually got up just a few hours later (1130-noon) and ate with my parents. This is still my big meal of the day - meat, veggies, starch etc. I'll hang around the computer, watch my recorded TV shows, work in the garden et****il about 3 and then it is back to bed. I am on a different schedule (430p-1a) but I only had to shift my meals a little and so far it still works for me. Post op may be a whole new story though.

hope it gives you some ideas
evacheryl1959
on 5/6/11 7:24 am - OH
 My surgery is the 17th also!  My doctor doesn't require the liquid diet before surgery, thank goodness.  I am going to watch what I eat the week before surgery though.  I really don't know why some doctors require it and some don't.  The best of luck to you and I !
deshaun420
on 5/6/11 10:07 pm - MD
WOW, GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A SAFE AND SPEEDY RECOVERY
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 345 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 218 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 375 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views