Protein Powders for the Clueless Newbie

redheadjean
on 5/6/11 9:25 am - Canton, MI
I mix mine with milk and decaf coffee.  I like the ones from bariatriceating.com and Vitamin Shoppe brand whey tech and GNC's brand - chocolate caramel flavor. 
Jean  
Rouxful
on 5/6/11 11:48 am
 These all sound wonderful, but I'm concerned about the sugar content of these. According to my pre op diet, I'm not supposed to have any sugar. Are these all sugar free?

HW 403 / SW 372 / CW 204 / GW 199    

newtintn
on 5/6/11 12:26 pm - TN
 I HATE PROTEIN SHAKES! UGH! That said i have found one I like and is affordable and found at Walmart. EAS Vanilla....23 g per scoop of protein. I mix with some cinnamon in a blender with some skim milk and ice and its like a vanilla shake. Yest however Instead of cinnamon i used about 2 tbsp of SF chocolate pudding powder...OMG DELISH! Seriously just like a shake from McD's....IHIGHLY recommend!

immafatgirl
on 5/6/11 1:09 pm - KY
is it just called eas vanilla protein powder??
Rouxful
on 5/9/11 4:23 pm
 Okay, so here's an update:

I went to my local Super Supplements and picked up some Syntrax Nectar Chocolate and Syntrax Nectar Caribbean Cooler. The CC was basically Pina Colada with an added essence of floor cleaner and protein stink. It was so bad I couldn't even finish one glass. The chocolate was surprisingly good. I exchanged the CC for some Allmax Chocolate Peanut Butter. The Allmax has 1g net carbs per shake, and the Syntrax has Zero. I've found that, when mixing it with water, a bit of cream really helps it tremendously. I think I can swing this.

HW 403 / SW 372 / CW 204 / GW 199    

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 360 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 337 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 353 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?