HELP - constipation tmi warning

PriscillaY
on 5/9/11 12:55 am - Highland Falls, NY
I have been constipated for 4-5 days. I've gone tiny tiny pieces, but I can feel the waste inside of me in my stomach just wanting to get out. I will sit on the toilet and nothing :( I've taken 2 doses of colace 2x a day as per my surgeon, ex lax tablets, a sugar free piece of chocolate, prune juice (the 50% less sugar kind), coffee, and milk of magnesia. Nothing. I called the doctor and they told me to try Miralax but I just feel like I've done it all. I can't even go to work because the pain in my belly is unbearable. When I do take something like the MoM or Prune Juice I get the feeling of having to go, and I get to the toilet and nothing but noise in my belly. So in a way its doing its job just not coming out.

HELP. Have any of you been here? What did you do?

highest weight: 387 starting weight: 375 current weight: 223 goal weight: 175    
Lileee
on 5/9/11 1:05 am
MIRALAX has been MY Lifesaver!!!  i use Just ONE Teaspoon a Day and i stay Totally Regular! its Totally Tasteless so you can mix it in ANYTHING - Coffee...  Shake...  Oatmeal...  ANYTHING!

Start Weight 275 - im 52yrs Old - 5'7"

had my RNY January 10th 2011

275/230!!!/150

Frank_B
on 5/9/11 1:09 am - Woodbridge, NJ
Miralax does work, use it once a day and it helps to keep you regular

fatoldbat
on 5/9/11 1:09 am
i mix miralax in my protein shake every day!!!  and i also take 2 stool softener tablets!  because....i've been where you are right now!!  i'm so very sorry you're going thru this!  hope it getts better really soon!!

sending blessing and warm wishes your way today!!
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
paria
on 5/9/11 1:15 am
I had this problem early on after surgery.
Give yoursefl an Enema.  This should clear up any blockage at the end.
Then daily dose of Colace, benefiber & Miralax will help to keep you regular.

Cheryl Allan
on 5/9/11 1:15 am - Canada
Oh wow im glad you asked I am the same way and after 4-5 days you go and it hurts cuz it is the size of a babies head i swear lol Ill be hoping someone says something I havent already tried :)
Cheryl Allan

HW...355......SW....322...CW 281

PriscillaY
on 5/9/11 1:32 am - Highland Falls, NY
I am in so much pain right now. I feel like my stomach might burst and pushing IS EVEN WORSE.

grmadeb01
on 5/9/11 1:43 am - FL
been there, done that, and dont want to be there again...and yes you have to try the miralax...i just did a half a dose when i was where you were at...and a dose of benefiber....yes, you will give birth in the bathroom, but when you finally do get to go...you will have instant releif...and as far as the hemroids...yes been there too....majorly...get a RX for some prep h cream, and some tucks pads...coat and really coat the roids, then tuck a tucks pad or 2 around the roids and go to bed...let them sit all night if possible...you will notice a differenece in the morning...mine were bad, i have them for over 30 years so been dealing with them for a LONG time...
hope you get some releif soon
debby
PriscillaY
on 5/9/11 1:48 am - Highland Falls, NY
I just feel like the Miralax won't work on the impacted poop :(

TJN66
on 5/9/11 1:56 am - Elmira, NY
This is coming as a nurse.  You may have to manually remove the hardened stool to get things going again.  Use LOTS of lube and Im sorry to say it but pull it out.  The longer the stool sits in the intestinal track the harder it becomes.  You can push but it wont move because it is so hard and becomes like a clog to the rectum. 
After that start a regime of the stool softener, miralax and benefiber.  Once you get your regime down it will help tremendously.  I hope that helps.
Tammy       250 presurg/160 surgeons goal
                  130 my goal/130 currently

Most Active
Recent Topics