Protein Shakes - Question and Seeking Reccomendations

Jeanie B.
on 5/11/11 6:55 am - TX
I went to www.unjury.com and ordered the starter pack. It came with 2 packets of the following flavors:  Chocolate Splendor, Strawberry Sorbet, Vanilla, Chicken Soup and Unflavored. Also included is a small Rubbermaid shaker and a basic food thermometer. The unflavored one is tricky. You HAVE to put it insomething that has flavor or it has a very stange after taste. It only cost me about $20 for the starter kit. And the big tubs really are pretty reasonable once you find a flavor or two you like.

Jeanie B.

sullysmom
on 5/11/11 9:46 am
I had a tough time with powders, mixed in the blender put to much air in and caused me great discomfort and shaken was kind of lumpy.  I do love the Premier premixed shakes from Costco, chocolate is better than vanilla IMO and in the micro for 1 min made it into hot chocolate.  Warm has always been better for me than cold in terms of comfort as well. 30 grams protein each.
ahmerzrealm
on 5/11/11 10:10 am - Naperville, IL
So far the best tasting shakes I have found (after dumping tons of money ) is that Nectar and Isopure are the best tasting ones.

If you want to try out Nectar, go to http://www.bjsbariatrics.com and check out their custom sample packs. You can order your choice of the flavors you are intereted in trying . It will run you about 20 bucks. I wish I had known about it before the surgery.

If you get sick and tired of powders, then you can go with a  premixed one. My friends and I have found  premixed Muscle Milk to taste better than others.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 195 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 116 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 195 views