question about pureed stage

63jewells
on 5/12/11 1:48 am - WA
I am 3 weeks out from my RNY and am in the pureed stage.  While on liquids I was really looking forward to pureeds but now I don't know why!  I am finding that pureeing all my food is disgusting to me.  My family took me to Chinese resteraunt for Mother's Day and I ordered egg drop soup...loved that!  I also did eat a few bites of their teryaki chicken and it went down fine.  Since then I have eaten  little pieces of chicken not pureed at home, making sure I chew it to mush and it goes down fine.

Do I really have to puree everything I eat??
Sunshine1965
on 5/12/11 1:52 am
Hello!  I am also in the pureed stage.  I have just been chewing super super good.  I can't stand the thoughts of pureeing tuna or chicken.  I can't wait to move up to the soft foods stage.
grmadeb01
on 5/12/11 1:58 am - FL
i cam home on the pureed stage from surgery..i too did not like the texture of the puree...so after a couple of attempts, i just decieded to only eat things that were already close to that already..egg salad with mircle whip and pickle juice....tuna salad same way...scrambled eggs with ham, cheese..i just made they are really mixed up really well.....and chewed them...
for my scrambpled eggs, i had ham, cheese in them, would make a few up at a time, would just re heat what i needed..but hubby went and got me some con queso dip from my favorite mexican and i would reheat the eggs with just a drop of this cheese..made it quite nice..one time i even added a minced up chopped up onion to the mix, made it quite nice...i just ate those for the time i was on puree stage, 2 weeks....just made sure they were close the applesauce when i mixed them up..
hope this helps
have a great day
debby
(deactivated member)
on 5/12/11 2:53 am - NY
I too am on pureed. I pureed chic once and I was so disgusted by the texture/look and taste, that I decided I was just going to cut small and chew it up. I posted the same ? on here, ( some people are rather nasty with their comments) but then decided to just ask my surgeon. He said it was fine, so now, I have been doing that and pretty much just eating whatever else the same way. I haven't had eggs yet, although I guess the way I am eating is kinda a soft food, so I dont think they'll be a problem. I haven't had any swallowing problems anyway-last night hubby and I went to outback and I had seared ahi-tuna with the peppercorn crust and it was delish!!

I think you'll be fine. Good Luck :)
63jewells
on 5/12/11 3:23 am - WA
Thank you for all your replies......It is so helpful to have this forum 

I am going to do my best.  Only a week to go.
Carrie W.
on 5/12/11 3:27 am - KY
I was told that as long as you could smu**** with a fork, it was soft enough.  I ate alot of tuna and salmon with some low fat mayo.  I also had greenbeans.  I did not actually blend anything.  Like you, I thought pureed chicken sounded nasty.  Oh one thing I really like was salsa chicken.  I took a can of hormel chicken and put some sour cream and a tiny bit of salsa in it.  It was yummy, low cal and high in protein.  I got a bit sick of it before the week was out so I don't eat it anymore. 

Good luck.  This stage will be over before you know it!
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

purr
on 5/12/11 4:01 am
that tuna at outback sounds so good , I wonder if I can talk hubby into taking me out for dinner!
I purreed one thing so far and I just can't do it again. I have been chewing really good. Had a baked chicken thigh and green beans last night and it was fine.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 260 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 108 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?