unjury chicken soup

melissa22886
on 5/14/11 6:36 am
I bought the chicken soup unjury protein powder. I tried it once the week after surgery and absolutely hate it. So I only used 1 scoop of it. If anyone wants it for $14.00 including shipping just PM me ( I paid $26.00 off unjury.com).  Please have a paypal account. I will update post once it's gone

marioluigi
on 5/14/11 7:13 am
 I know many folks like it, but I'm with you.  You have to eat/drink it lukewarm since it can't be heated above 130 degrees.  If it could be heated more, it might not be so bad, but high heat compromises the integrity of the protein.
melissa22886
on 5/14/11 7:15 am
I agree it wasn't warm enough for my liking. Then I heated up another cup of water that was very hot, and added it to my broth that I already had. Then it made it clumpy. Definitely not a fan LOL

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/14/11 9:14 am - OH
The heat does not compromise the nutritional integrity of the protein... it just makes it clump... but it CAN be heated to above 130... see my response below.  I do the same thing with SF hot chocolate with vanilla protein powder in it.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/14/11 9:12 am, edited 5/13/11 9:16 pm - OH
Mostly for the sake of others since you have already decided to get rid of yours... with a little practice, you CAN get it hot enough to be like regular soup without getting it so hot that the protein clumps. You just have to heat it to a warm state and then increase the heat slowly. You can do this either by adding all the water initially, warm it up, and then microwave for a few (<10) seconds at a time and stir in between, or you can initially make it with HALF the intended amount of water and then SLOWLY add the other half of the HO****er to it while stirring.

It will never be PIPING hot without clumping, but I can get it to the point where it just starts to steam.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

NIXMOMMIE
on 5/14/11 1:38 pm - NC
Yeah, what Lora said, but I can get mine piping hot by following the same directions.  Mix it first with a little water and add near boiling water while stirring.  I did need to add a tiny sprinkle of salt.  I just bought a new tub.

Most Active
Recent Topics