Regular diets fail 97% of the time?

catje1977
on 5/15/11 7:11 pm - Raamsdonksveer, Netherlands

Hi guys

I read this statictis many times: obese people only have a 5-3% chance of losing weight and keeping it off without wls. regular diets have a high failure rate

I am writing a dutch book on wls and would like to know: where does this number come from? is there any reserach about it, where can i find sources for it? does this number also applu to people who try to lose weight with sensible eating and moving, or juist to fad diets?

If anyone knows some scientific ground for this, would love to know where to find it!

Greetings

cat

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 5/15/11 9:18 pm
I believe this is for all weight loss attempts that are not surgical.  I would suggest you do a search on the National Institute of Health web site.   www.nih.gov

Winnie

DeeNadj
on 5/16/11 1:42 am - Malmstrom AFB, MT
Winnie is right - those stats are for non surgical weightloss methods. You simply cannot maintain the behavior that causes weightloss on the various programs - you can't exercise excessively forever, you can't or won't stay on prepared food meal plans, or it becomes ridiculous to eat ONE FOOD 7 days a week, etc... We can't stop the behavior, it was imposed surgically - we almost always succeed! LOL Even Weigh****chers used to make it clear that only 3% of their customers lost weight permanently.
Dee
RNY March 21, 2011!! I'm feeling great!!
Busy Mommy of 4, Proud USAF Wife, Quilter, and TRIATHLETE!!               
gochristy1971
on 5/16/11 2:39 am - CA
What is a "dutch book"?  I googled and it doesn't make sense.
Christy
Weights: Surgery 317 Current 242 GW ???
catje1977
on 5/16/11 2:53 am, edited 5/16/11 2:54 am - Raamsdonksveer, Netherlands
well... a book in the dutch language? :-)

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 345 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 218 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 375 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?