Why am I so nervous for my 1 year follow-up?

Skinny_Betsy
on 5/15/11 8:03 pm - Eschenbach, Bavaria, Germany
 This afternoon I see the doctor to begin my 1 year follow up appointments.  Since moving to Germany this will be the first time I've seen a doctor since my 6 month follow up with the suregon who did my RNY in  June 2010.  I'll need to get a referral today to see a suregon who can better evaluate my blood work.

But... I find myself feeling very nervous.  I don't know if it's because I'm scared the scale will say something different at the doc office than the one at home?  Or if they aren't going to understand what needs to be done for my 1 year follow up (it's just a small clinic at this military base I'm at. No one specalizes in anything and there aren't many RNY patients that come through here).  I don't know... I've lost about 130lbs since the surgery almost 11 months ago... that's a pretty good amount.  

I think a part of it might be having to trust a new doctor.  I had such a hard time finding the suregon who did my surgery and trusting him because so many doctors before them were rude and looked down on me for wanting and needing the surgery.  I guess I'm just hoping to be able to avoid that here if at all possible.  

I have a ton of extra hanging skin and really wish that could be taken care of too.  I think I'm scared they will say no.  Scared of let downs and upset.  

I don't know.  Maybe I just need to relax and go in with an open mind and hope for the best outcome.  

Has anyone else experienced anxiety at their 1 year follow up? 

Price S.
on 5/15/11 9:31 pm - Mills River, NC
You have lots of unknowns which, I'm sure are playing into your emotions.  But you have done a great job and should feel proud and happy to have your progress recorded.  I think many of us have a fear of going to the Dr because for years, we have been scolded like little children for being so overweight.  I love going now and hopping on the scale.  So maybe you will find a new Dr friend and have a new start. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

fatoldbat
on 5/16/11 3:47 am
i had surgery 4 days before you and my 1 year follow up is also next month.....and....yep....i'm nervous about it!!
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat