Take with Food

Kimanne01
on 5/17/11 5:39 am
What do you do when you have a medication that has to be taken with food?  My dr says no eating until 30 minutes after drinking and then have to wait an HOUR before I can drink again. How exactly do you get around this?  The medication is URSO, to prevent gallstones!

nomoresugar
on 5/17/11 5:42 am
The small amount of water required to swallow the pill won't matter much.  take it whenever it suits you. 
Pholaris
on 5/17/11 5:54 am
I take the meds about 15 mins after my meal with a small sip of water. I never had a problem.
Pregnancy%20ticker
babybooo828
on 5/17/11 5:55 am
 I usually take meds that say to take with food, after that 30 minutes period of not drinking. Something I will take the pill and then eat right away. 

Like the previous poster stated, the small amount of water needed to take a pill won't hurt you.

The reason not to drink while eating is so that you aren't pushing the food out of your pouch with liquids. If you do that, then you will be hungry sooner after eating and want to eat more often. 

Kimanne01
on 5/17/11 6:03 am
Thankyou Sooooo much for the feedback. It is greatly appreciated!
DComstock2010
on 5/17/11 9:12 am - CA
I take my pill with a small sip of water before I eat and then I eat. It does not take much water to swallow a pill though.
RNY- 2/18/2011