So Upset

MrsFreund
on 5/20/11 4:59 am - Virginia Beach, VA
So let me do a retake. On Tuesday I felt like I had heart bunr at dinner time. So when I was still having bad pains on Wednesday I went to Sentara urgent care and was told nothing. Then Thursday I was still having pains. So I went to the Er. They told me my liver enzimes were high and that I had gastritis. So I sent me results to my surgeon because I'm schedualed for surgery on the 31st. Well the schedular called me and said they want to send me for another untrasound on Monday and that if that is fine that want to send me toa gastro Dr. and if that can't be done before surgery then they are going to have to reschedual. I'm beyond upset. Im at work and almost in tears. I almost want to back out all together.

Joanne M.
on 5/20/11 5:13 am - VA
RNY on 03/16/11 with
It is going to be ok.  Please don't back out.  These things happen to test us.  You will get through it.  Better to be 100% cleared for surgery so that you recover well and have a clear mind and not be stressed.  You will get through this rough part and have surgery, whether or not is on the 31st.   Try not to stress about it.  Focus on getting better and doing everything that your surgeon asks.  Chin up and focus on the goal - a healthier and happier YOU.

Joanne

MrsFreund
on 5/20/11 5:18 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks so much. The scheduler just called me again and said they are going to do the ultrasound on Monday and then the gastro on tuesday so that if everything is fine they wont have to cancel. I'm just so upset. Less than a a month ago i had all my blood work, ultrasound, etc done and everything was fine. My husband keeps tell me to just do it myself since i only have 100lbs to lose. And I'm starting to wonder if he is right. I'm beyond stressed.

Joanne M.
on 5/20/11 5:44 am - VA
RNY on 03/16/11 with
You would have already lost 100 pounds if you could do it on your own.  It is a sacrifice but I'll telling you - it is worth it.
immafatgirl
on 5/20/11 5:45 am - KY
girl let me tell you, i feel the same way , but you have come to far to back out. i know its frustrating as hell. i started my journey for WLS  since feb 2010 and ive still not had surgey . they keep doing test and keep doing test .
which im glad they want to make sure im ok to have i t. but seriously. they schedule my appts so far apart , that another month keeps going by . i have to have a sleep study done now on the 26th and my follow up appt aint until the 30th of june . so thats wht gets me so pissed. my weight is causing me great depression and they are not helping much . if they would just set my appt closer together so i can get things done, id be happy .
so dont let this little set back get to you . it should go quickly and hopefully you get your test results and your follow up fairly quickly . just keep hanging on. our day will come ....
silly_sandy
on 5/20/11 5:47 am - IL
Don't back out!  You're almost there!  Take it from someone that was in a similar situation. 

I was half way through my liquid diet (my surgeon requires 2 weeks) when I received a call from the bariatric center saying that my PCP's office STILL wasn't OKing the surgery even though Humana had approved me and I had been seeing my PCP for 6 months of mandatory diet.  My PCP and the bariatric center were in different networks.  I was SO ready to find a reason to back out.  I was scared, starving and panicking.

Thankfully, everything worked out and I'm around 2 months out and doing great!  I'm SO GLAD I didn't cancel.  This is just another hoop.  Everything will work out.

HW: 307  SW:  254  CW: 177 GW: 150
MrsFreund
on 5/20/11 5:50 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I didnt have the issue. My whole proccess only took me about two months. And I wouldnt even be having to have more tests had I not gone to the ER. The scheduler called me again and said that monday I will have the ultrasound on tuesday I will see the gastro dr. So that way if nothing is wrong they wont have to cancel my surgery. I'm praying that all goes well and nothing is wrong. I just feel like breaking down. I am mentally prepared for surgery in a week. I don't think I can take a set back. I just don't. I have been so scared and wishy washy the whole time. So this might just push me over the edge.

silly_sandy
on 5/20/11 5:57 am - IL
I guess I just meant that with one week to go, I was almost denied my surgery.  I was trying to prepare myself mentally, line up my mom to help me, etc... I was so fragile, I didn't think I could handle another obstacle. 

Sounds like everything will work out.  Good luck!

HW: 307  SW:  254  CW: 177 GW: 150
MrsFreund
on 5/20/11 6:00 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks so much. I feel the same way. I'm also one week out and this is happening. It just saddens me and brings jme down. Makes me feel like I can't look forward to anything.  And my poor husband. He has been against the surgery from day one. And he is like look this is a sign. Don't do it. Work hard and do it without surgery. Just makes me think.

Pholaris
on 5/20/11 6:08 am
It took me over two years to have my surgery because when they did all the tests they discovered I had a hyperactive thyrioid, which in turned turned out it was Graves Disease, but later we realized it was cancer... so after surgery, cancer treatments and all that fun stuff, I was finally ready for my surgery.

IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT!!! I sm do glad I was patient and stuck with it because now I am finally at a healthy weight and it made having a secondary surgery and cancer treatments much easier this time around.

You will be having yours before you know it. But it's best that you go into it as healthy as possible otherwise there could be coplications or you could have a harder time bouncing back from it.

Pregnancy%20ticker
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 348 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views