Supportive Undergarments Needed

DWard
on 5/22/11 6:17 am - Lyons, NY
Okay Ladies,

I need some major help.  I know there are many of you out there who years past surgery have a similar silhouette - unfilled water balloons that drop down to your knees!  My problem is that I can't find bras that fit right.  I don't have hours to try on endless numbers of bras in the stores.  I will never pay huge amounts for a bra either.  I am used to a wider 3-hook band.  The bras that I have seen in the departments stores have either 1 or 2 hooks and they just don't fit right.  Where are you ladies finding bras that fit that are affordable?  Any ideas are welcome. 

Hanging low in Western New York,
Denise
Laura in Texas
on 5/22/11 6:21 am
I usually get mine at the Hanes Outlet at our outlet mall.  Bali bras work for me.  THIS is one that keeps everything in place for me.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

grmadeb01
on 5/22/11 9:04 am - FL
i just went bra shopping over the 2 days..i was looking for the brand i was wearing, i have not bought in an a very long time...and i WISH i had unfilled water balloon...i deflated beach balls...but finally i found mine at sears...but they are a playtex 4695, you can do a search on the web and see a photo on there, it buckles in the front, which i really like, and it has a flex back, that gives support but yet flexes and makes me stand a little straighter in the back area....i got them on sale for $21 each...wal mart does not have them...i went to 2 of them looking but ended up at sears, next was Jc penny if sears did no thave them..
check them out on the web..they are super comfy, and not too pricey i thought...they are not underwires, as i cant wear underwires as they hurt
have a great day
debby
qnmimi
on 5/22/11 11:23 am - Cottage Grove, MN
Go to a department store, ask for a bra fitting from one of the clerks. Lane Bryant will also fit you for a bra. Take their recommendations, and shop around for the appropriate bra you can afford. I have been very pleased with JC Penney, and Macy's in the past, but you have to ask the clerk how long they have been doing fittings...she might not normally work in that dept. I've found that day time during the week is the best time to find one of the "old timers"

seriouslaughter
on 5/22/11 11:37 am
See if there's a Maidenform store (or outlet) near you. They are incredibly helpful and have miracles on a hanger.  In addition to bras, there are a myriad of items to address legs and upper arms!

I think the next best thing to solving a probem is finding some humor in it. -Frank A. Clark

We have no say over the hand dealt us in life, but we do have a lot of control over how this hand is played. We are responsible for bringing out the meaning of our own lives in each moment that we live. Remember each moment happens only once and can never be retrieved again. -Roberta Andersen

Susank505
on 5/23/11 3:24 am - Mt. Pleasant, MI
So I saw some ads for the Genie Bra or Bra Genie and wondered if anyone had tried them!!  They sound so convincing but I would like to hear from a REAL customer!!

~Susan~    HT 5'6"
HW 278 / PRE-OP 270 / SW 260 / CW 197/ GW 150

WOOHOOO!!!!  I AM 60.8% TO MY GOAL WEIGHT!!!!!
"Be the change you want to see in the World" - Ghandi

Most Active
Recent Topics