? Greek yogurt

kemmieb
on 5/27/11 3:16 pm - KINGS MOUNTAIN, NC
I haven't tried greek yogurt yet.  I have heard differnet people say it is terrible!  I know it a good protein....

So please tell me the best one to buy....and the best way to doctor it up!

Thanks everyone for your input!

princessfrogee
on 5/27/11 3:25 pm - AL
I have not yet had my surgery, so who knows if I will tolerate this post-op, but have been trying things out pre-op to see about them....  I took some Greek yogurt,added some SF jam and a half a packet of Splenda and it was good.

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
lori B.
on 5/27/11 3:30 pm
I like the greek yogurt and don't like the standard store yogurt.   It doesn't have the strong tang that regular has.  I have been eating it plain as a topping to help keep things moist, even on my scrambled eggs.    I'm just learning about the different brands, I have found some have 6 grams of protein and others 16 grams for the same amount.  I just keep reading labels.
wife2denizmoi
on 5/27/11 4:01 pm
I love Greek yogurt! Fage is good, Trader Joe's is good and Chobani is excellent! Add some powdered drink mix or some SF Jam and make it any flavor you want. It works as a pretty good sub for sour cream as well.

-HeidiG (Wife2denizmoi) 

Ladytazz
on 5/27/11 4:23 pm
 I tried Greek yogurt several months ago in a shake and I had to throw it out because of the taste.  A few weeks ago Nik posted a recipe on Bariatric Foodie that had Greek yogurt in it and I decided to give it another try.  Now I have some every night in my own version of the recipe.  I am not crazy about the test but when I add sugar free syrup the sweetness compliments the tanginess and I love the smooth texture.  I don't remember the name of the kind I use but I choose it because it has probiotics in it.  I just checked, it's called Greek God's.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

shrinkinphatgirl
on 5/27/11 6:19 pm - WI
Chobanni is the best! Yum
Skinny_Betsy
on 5/27/11 7:34 pm - Eschenbach, Bavaria, Germany
 I just finished my morning bowl of greek yogurt.  I buy the plain kind then add fresh strawberries and a tablespoon of honey.  I don't like it right out of the container, but with berries and honey.... SO GOOD! You should try it.... you'll get hooked!!! 

MM_Boston
on 5/27/11 8:11 pm
I'm not a big fan of it plain, but I buy the plain and doctor it up. I add sf vanilla pudding powder to make a yummy topping for fresh fruit. I add dry salad dressing seasoning (good seasons or hidden valley ranch) for a great dip for raw veggies. I don't know if you are cleared for fruits and veggies yet. If you're not, you can add some greek yogurt to any smoothie or flavor it with some sf jello. I also use it for a substitite for mayo and sour cream in almost anything now. Experiment!!

mom2blondes
on 5/27/11 9:05 pm - new bedford, MA
My favorite way eat it is to add splenda, sf strawberry jelly, & 1 tsp of sf cheesecake pudding, dry. So good! I like Fage  the best, but also like Chobani
                           I  My RNY!

msromagnola
on 5/27/11 11:03 pm
Athenos is a new brand that I bought.  It was fat free and I have liked it better than any that I've tried.  I put 2 packs of splenda in 1/2 cup and top it with Kashi cereal on most days for breakfast.  I have also added splenda to strawberries - let them sit awhile and get juicy - and have added them as well.

Once I added sugar free vanilla syrup and made a parfait with strawberries, blueberries, and cereal and everyone loved that.

I've added it to really sweet chocolate protein shakes and it accentuates the creaminess and takes away the too sweet taste.

MSROMAGNOLA
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 94 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 368 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 310 views