orange juice

melissa22886
on 5/27/11 7:49 am
i've been craving orange juice pretty bad the last 2 days. today i was gonna buy a small container of simply orange juice, but it had 41g of sugar in it. i am not lacking vitamin C in any form but i didn't buy it because of it being high in sugar. pre op i didn't drink OJ much either but very rarely when i was on my OJ kick I would finish half a gallon in about 2 days and then i'd be fine for a few months. now i can't do that so what did any of you do if you wanted/craved OJ. did you have a tiny sip or anything just to get the taste or did you avoid it completely

nomoresugar
on 5/27/11 8:41 am

I was told I could have it 50/50 with water.  Since I didn't like it that way, I didn't drink it.  If you can manage with 'just a sip' it won't kill you, but generally one sip becomes that gallon.

seattledeb
on 5/27/11 8:55 am
I don't drink my calories anymore. I used to drink a lot of juice. Those calories and sugar grams add up. What I do now is eat the fruit. I eat a lot of oranges. I get the juice but I also get the fiber and I don't get the great up and down sugar changes.
Can you have fruit yet on your plan?
Deb T>

melissa22886
on 5/27/11 12:42 pm
yes...i've only had pears, cantelope, grapes, blueberries and kiwi though haven't touched an orange yet..maybe i'll have a piece or 2 and hopefully thatll satisfy it lol

Katari
on 5/27/11 9:12 am - OR
I used to love my occasional OJ. My pouch doesn't really appreciate it much anymore depending on brand, etc. Have you tried the Crystal light sunrise (fake OJ)? I found that got me past the craving most of the time and it makes great slushies for the summer. LOL.

Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

melissa22886
on 5/27/11 12:42 pm
i will give that a try, thanks!

ephraimmeir77
on 5/27/11 10:45 am - CA
Totally agree on the Crystal Light Orange flavor. It surprises me but it has some of the density of OJ as well which you don't expect from CL.
Ephraim Osgood

grmadeb01
on 5/27/11 11:28 am - FL
i have had some orange juice, but i put my benefiber in it in the morning, i only have like a 2-4 oz glass, then i follow up with water....i only drink water, no tea, hot or cold, no crystal lights nothing but ice cold water in a jug all day long...i just dont want to take the chance of ruining my water,so i dont want to put my benefiber in it...i can not handle the articial sweetners that are in the crystal light and sugar free stuff..so its jus****er for me...besides my little bit of juice in the morning with the benefiber in it...i also eat oranges, watermelon and cherries with my meat when i eat my meals..but i dont drink with my meals for at least an hour after i get done eating..
have a great day,
debby
BigGirlsDoCry
on 5/27/11 5:21 pm - Colville, WA
I tried Crystal Light a few times right after surgery, as I've had lots of trouble with plain water, but it gave me a bad headache every time.  I figured it was the Aspartame it's sweetened with.

But now, Crystal Light has a variety called Pure, and it's sweetened with Stevia. NO HEADACHES!  I'm so excited, because I can drink flavored water all day, but it takes me all day sometimes to get 8 ounces of plain water down.  It's getting better, oh-so-slowly but surely, but plain water still cramps me up.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.  ~Dr. Suess

AddisynsMommy
on 5/27/11 12:46 pm - FL
 I drink the Trop50 It still has sugar but not as much and I only take a swig here and there but its yummy I was on an OJ kick a few weeks ago and got me some and now I good.
Most Active
Recent Topics