hot weather and drinking extra water - lesson learned

nancy409
on 5/30/11 3:31 am - PA
Hot weather has finally made it to Pittsburgh.  Yesterday it was near 90 and we decided to go bike riding at Ohio Pyle.  The bike trail is shaded but it was still warm and humid there.  After about 4 miles I was beginning to not feel so well, I was lightheaded and really warm. We stopped for a while and I drank some water and felt a little better.  We began to head back figuring I was about 7 weeks out from surgery and perhaps this had something to do with how I was feeling.  Of course the return back was all up hill.  We had to stop quite a few times for me to drink again. 
After getting back I just sat for a while and got about 32 ounces of water in me before feeling better.
I am guessing due to the warm weather that I am going to have to be much more mindful of getting a LOT more water in during the summer months. 

Kimberly H.
on 5/30/11 3:35 am - FL
I have issues with the summer and getting enough water in also.  Just always have to keep a bottle with me at all times.

harleymama31
on 5/30/11 2:42 pm
Couldnt agree with Kimberly more! DRINK DRINK DRINK!!! I made the mistake a couple of times, ended up in ER so dehydrated that one day took 2bags to get me where I needed to be! Congrats on your surgery!