one more question....liquids

melissa22886
on 5/31/11 11:00 am
so lately i've had issues getting in my liquids. not because i CANT but because i don't remember or have no time to even drink at work or anything because i'm so side tracked and stressed at work. however i was off this weekend and started back at dunkin donuts with my pre op addiction which was DECAF french vanilla iced coffee...pre op i used to get half and half now i get skim milk. i can easily drink a 32oz of decaf french vanilla iced coffee w/ skim milk in about 20 minutes.....my question is does this COUNT for liquids or does it not since it's coffee

Anna M.
on 5/31/11 11:24 am - Manchester, NH
Decaf counts towards your liquids but be very careful with the french vanilla flavoring.  I think it has sugar so you want to watch that if you dump. Dunkin's website says a small french vanilla (hot) has 0 sugar so if thats the case then I'd say go for it! ;-)

I got the Coffee Mate sugar free creamers to add to my coffee when I was drinking it. My dietician said that was perfectly acceptable. It's 15 calories, 1g fat, 2 carb and 0 sugar.

* Starting weight: 383 * Day of Surgery: 363 * Ticker includes weight lost pre-op *
melissa22886
on 5/31/11 11:36 am
i checked with DD prior to getting back into my coffee habit and they have 0g of sugar in it. i do add my own splenda though. just was hoping this did count towards my liquids because when i have water, crystal light or something else it takes me forever to drink it and i never remember to keep drinking. when i have my DD coffee i dont put the cup down til i'm finished with it lol

mdolan20
on 5/31/11 11:25 am - Brick, NJ
As long as it's decaf you're good to go!
Melissa HW:350 SW:333 CW:234 GW:128

Price S.
on 5/31/11 11:35 am - Mills River, NC
Should be fine if it has no added sugar and is decaf. 
I get 20 oz in between each meal.  I don't eat again until the 20 oz is gone.  That way, I don't have to worry about my fluids.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

melissa22886
on 5/31/11 11:37 am
thanks guys

ThinnerAngel
on 5/31/11 2:24 pm - Rochester, NY
ThinnerAngel
on 5/31/11 2:29 pm - Rochester, NY
melissa22886
on 6/1/11 7:58 am
no decaf coffee did not lead to my weight "gain"

neweyeswideopen
on 5/31/11 2:45 pm - Cedar Rapids, IA
SNARK ALERT! Holy cow.....anyway..I guess it depends on what your numbers add up to with the cals in the milk and whatever calories if any are in the sf flavoring. I'm pretty sure plenty of people on here drink coffee...or coffee flavored protein : ) I can't wait to get me some Click!  If it helps with your liquids I say go for it, but be sure to try and be more dilligent with trying new flavors of Crystal Light and such, variety is the spice of life!
"To dream, I must imagine pure joy, belive I can achieve perfection, and take pride in a life changing journey" - ME

Most Active
Recent Topics