Weight Loss after RNY

artedd
on 6/5/11 2:25 am - Schaumburg, IL
 Approximately how long after having RNY does our bodies lose weight? One year? I am one year out and it seems as though my weight loss has come to a complete and utter halt.

Lindylou1
on 6/5/11 2:41 am - CA
I was told it is about 18 monthes that there is high malabsorbtion rate. That does  not mean you can't lose weight after, it just changes.
My daughter is 8 years out from surgery and she has been loosing her weight again. It is all about food choices and exercise and keeping our bodies fueled to work the best it can.
There are always platos and bounces backs. Don't get discouraged and don't give up.

siberiancat
on 6/5/11 2:42 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
Everyone is different.  I was a slow loser. I've lost every month - made goal at 23 months post-op and still losing, but very slowly - like 1/2 pound a month.

I do still keep a daily food log - keep calories to 1200, protein at 100gm +, less than 80 carbs per day.  I eat protein first (even snacks) then veggies, fruit and whole grain.

I still don't eat white flour, white sugar, white rice, pasta, junk food or fast food.  I'm trying to eat whole, organic and raw food.  I do eat some meat - mostly ground and grilled chicken.  I want food to be calorie poor and nutrient rich.  If it won't nourish, provide health and energy - then I don't eat it.

So far this is working for me.  Best wishes.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/5/11 3:28 am, edited 6/5/11 3:29 am - OH
I was an irrgeular loser... slow at first, then it picked up a LOT, then it slowed down a lot again... but I continued losing for 20 months (even though the loss was VERY slow towards the end). I got down to a few pounds under my goal weight and then the loss stopped completely. I picked up about 5 pounds after that, but my weight has remained pretty stable (I have a self-imposed 5 pound gain limit) since then (I am almost 4 years out).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

lynnc99
on 6/5/11 6:26 am
We talked about this in my support group yesterday. While most weight is lost in the first year, you CAN continue to lose by sticking closely to your program. One woman has lost 250 pounds, and obviously this did not happen in a year. She was persistent and hung right in there!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 237 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 321 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 125 views
Recent Topics