Diocto Syrup (Generic Liquid Colace)

Heather M.
on 6/4/11 10:01 am - MI
Oh my God people... do NOT get this if you can avoid it. My support group recommended it (since it's liquid and easier directly post op). I got one before surgery and went to have it today. It says to take between 1-6 tablespoons, ok, so I was going to take 5 (and I won't disgust you with the reason), but I opened it, put it in my mouth and almost immediately wanted to throw up. First thing I thought... OMG this is SPICY. Then it started burning on the way down. I can deal with the spiciness, but the taste of it is like ground up pills (terrible mediciny) BLEH. I put it away and I'll be finding some laxative/softener alternative. I don't CARE that it cost me $10.... it's OUT!

Just a friendly PSA about this stuff. It's rancid!!!
neweyeswideopen
on 6/4/11 10:10 am - Cedar Rapids, IA
Thank You!!!!  Always nice for advanced warning. Hope you find something that works for you.
"To dream, I must imagine pure joy, belive I can achieve perfection, and take pride in a life changing journey" - ME

Sasrah1972
on 6/4/11 10:21 am - NY
Yup, I have it too. I thought it also tastes licquoricey. Disgusting, but it does work.
Heather M.
on 6/4/11 11:51 am - MI
You got it. I couldn't put my finger on the taste, but you are right, it does taste licorice-y (BLEH)

I managed to hold down 2 tablespoons, hoping that is enough to cause something to move :)
Most Active
Recent Topics