Stalled again for 3 weeks WTH am I doing wrong?

AngieT75
on 6/6/11 12:00 am
This is gettting frustrating to say the least.

I have been the exact same weight for 3 weeks now.

Had surgery 11/17
403, now 282, lost 121 but I am STUCK
I eat right make sure i get that protein, i walk I exercise i swim AND exercise in the pool for 2 hours a day. makes you just want to say WTH.
how can i break the stall? Anyone??
HELP

RNY Nov 17, 2011

High weight 423

Surgery day 403

Current 162

261 lost

psx chelly
on 6/6/11 12:35 am

My surgery was Jan 31st.  Ive stalled 2 times, both for 3 weeks each.

My suggestions:

-Since your exercising, Make ABSOLUTELY positively sure you are drinking 60+ ounces of water daily, you might even need more since you exercise.

-Again, since your exercising, you may not be eating the proper amount of food.  If you exercise a lot, your body might think its not getting enough fuel, and save any food it gets for energy... aka body staving mode... Keep a food journal for a few days and analyze what your eating.  Might be too little to maintain the energy level.

-Maybe exercise a little less for a few days to trick your body? and get it jump started again...

Keeping a food journal is very helpful.  How man calories, fat, carbs, sugar, etc.  You might see something is too little or too much, etc.

It'll work itself out.  dont worry.

auddie1133
on 6/6/11 12:36 am
I experienced the same thing about a month ago. I plateaued for about a month and it was so aggrevating. Honestly, it's going to happen! I was advised by several of my friends who had the procedure that it happens every few months. Do you only eat when you're hungry or do you eat every few hours? My dr told me to only eat when I was hungry but my dietician told me to ignore him and to make sure and eat 6 small meals a day, getting 60g of protein, veggies, and that a little fat is good. I eat a lot of tuna salad/chicken salad. Also, do you do the same exercise routine? My trainer said to not worry about the scale as much as the way your clothes fit. It is completely frustrating, I can empathize, but you'll get through it and before you know it you'll be losing again. Just don't give up! You can do it! Congrats on the accomplishment so far!
lap-band 12/28/05 sw:341 ew:281 revision to roux-en-y sw:281 cw:191 gw: 160
CarolinaJerseyGirl
on 6/6/11 2:32 am
Hide the scale for a month and continue on with the program doing what you're supposed to do.  It is frustrating but it's part of the deal. Have you been taking your measurements? Some, including myself, have found that when the weight has stalled, we continue to lose inches.
Sandy  

candie33
on 6/6/11 2:38 am
I fell the same way...I am definitely in a stall

AngieT75
on 6/6/11 3:16 am
Thanks all. I do drink lots of water change up my exercise. I do have a bad habit of getting ont he scale everyday. I hav enot measured. I know my clothes are very baggy again. but the scale is the same. I normally only eat when i am hungry and have to force my self to remember to eat.
I will try the small meals this week and see what happens.
thanks

RNY Nov 17, 2011

High weight 423

Surgery day 403

Current 162

261 lost

Momma2nicknmike
on 6/6/11 3:33 am - Beavercreek, OH
 I had an appt. with my surgeon last Friday, but instead of seeing him I saw his "new" Physician's Assistant!  I love her!  While my surgeon rocks and knows his stuff, she knows his patients and more importantly what they're going through AFTER surgery. She flat out told me I wasn't eating enough protein and to add at least 1 more shake preferably in the morning. It's the same thing that we heard back when we were all dieting - eat within 45 minutes or so of waking to "BREAK THE FAST" and get your metabolism going and burning those calories.  Even though we may only take in 1000 calories a day, because it's much harder for our bodies to break down protein, our bodies will burn 2000 calories a day.  Good luck!

Lynne    

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?