The Effing Scale!

Candigirl23
on 6/8/11 1:30 am
It must be broken! I hate the scale... so why do I stand on it daily?
~ THE BEST IS YET TO BE ~

MarilynT
on 6/8/11 1:31 am
If it's causing you such angst, put it away for awhile. Lock it in your car trunk or give it to a friend for the week.

Marilyn (now in NM)
RNY 10/2/01
262(HW)/150-155(GW)/159(CW)
(updated March 2012)

Denise B.
on 6/8/11 1:59 am - Binghamton, NY
STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE!

Go by your inches lost and not pounds lost.  Things will even out, be patient.
Get a dream, make it yours, and let no one steal it!
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Highest weight 285, day of surgery 265, current weight 209, and holding steady.

J_J
on 6/8/11 2:01 am - Barrie, Canada
I agree with Marilyn...if it causes you anxiety put it away for a while.  I weight myself once a week...that's it.  On the rare occasions when I do weigh more often I just get frustrated...because I will be down 3lbs... then up 4lbs the next day...then down 2lbs the day following.  You just can't get an accurate reading that way. 

Pupcake !.
on 6/8/11 2:11 am - Stranded in, IA
Do you really want to torture yourself??

http://www.amazon.com/Eatsmart-Precision-Bathroom-Technology -440-Pounds/dp/B0032TNPOE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1307549116& sr=8-5

Buy this wonderful scale.

I bought it after losing 40# of my regain- I thought it would be great!  It would fit DH and it was about time I retired my good ol Tanita.

It took me 1 month-  totally losing my motivation and mind before I pulled out the Tanita- weighed myself and found I had lost 6 more lbs.

The Eat Smart had me bouncing, gaining, giving up & completely frustrated.  You can weigh yourself 10 times in a row & it will stay the same.  Get on it the next day get a different weight and that weight will stay the same so you think it is accurate.  OMG It was awful!

I agree- either stop weighing or quit freaking- It made me give up and get off track after 4 mos!

Pup
Leslie P.
on 6/8/11 2:51 am - Yucca Valley, CA
I have been weighing daily and sometimes I can handle it and sometimes I am a little nutty with it. 

A couple of days ago someone posted something about weighing often that stuck with me.  They talked about being mature enough to handle it.  I wonder if I am sometimes.

When I was fresh out of surgery and didn't weigh unless it was by my surgeon or nutritionist I would pay attention to things like where my belly was in porportion to the steering wheel (prior to surgery I could barely sit behind the wheel).  Or how certain clothese fit, how my bra's fit.  Things like that.  One of my first aha! moments was when I got my wedding rings back on.  I paid a lot of attention to how my body felt as opposed to how I felt about the numbers.  Maybe I should go back to that a little bit.....

Anyway, hope that helps.  Hang in there :)
   High Weight:  394                     Surgery Weight:  345

Here's to never forgetting where I came from so I never have to return...
Meg_S
on 6/8/11 4:47 am - Natick, MA
I agree with you, mine must be broken too! It hasn't moved in over 3 weeks now and I'm starting to get frustrated. GRRRR!

Highest weight = 272, surgery weight = 240, goal weight = 135   

bama1
on 6/8/11 8:11 am - Oklahoma City, OK
 I hate the scale too.  I have had 2 stalls.  2 1/2 weeks and going past 2 weeks again now.  My surgery was 2 days before yours.  The good news is the inches are going.  Go try something on you couldn't wear before.  I tried a pair of jeans on I couldn't get in before.  My husband told me to go buy some new ones because those were too big!  The pounds aren't going but the inches are.  Try it.  You will feel much better.  I finally took my scales to my sisters and left them.  Now if I want to weigh, I have to go over there.  Keep up the good work.  Sounds like you are doing great with the weight loss.
Melissalove3
on 6/8/11 10:49 am - Portland, OR
 Grab your scale, put it in your car and drive down the road, throw it out the window!!!!!  No really, just put it away for a couple of weeks.  Then decide on a day and weigh yourself once a week at the same time... 

I have been at stall for 4 weeks.... I know the frusteration, Im 4 lbs from 100lbs lost. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 197 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 8 views
Recent Topics