New here

Daisy629
on 6/14/11 3:41 am - TN
New poster here, but have been reading forum for awhile.  Decided to post because I've reached my first goal.  25 pounds lost since surgery (5/11/2011).  Any tips on how to jump start a stall?

aclay
on 6/14/11 3:56 am - MA
I don';t think your at a stall..   I started out on surger date at 236 now i'm  211.  That's 25lbs too and I had surger over a week before you.  That is Awesome for only 1 month!!!!  Your doing great.  That first month II was questioning it too thinking ow wow the first month I;ll lose like 50lbs...but we have to take in consideration how tall and how much we weighed prior too I think. 

kimndan18
on 6/14/11 4:30 am - IA
Your doing great, I lost about 25 or so that first month, seemed like it would take forever to get to 50 gone, then 100 gone, now working on 113  lost (mini goal, would put me under 250 first time in 25 years), then under 200.  I have been averaging about 15-20 pounds per month and at not quite 6 months post op, I should be at my mini goal any day now (was 250.2 this am).  Some weeks it seems like I don't lose any, but by the end of the month, another 15-20 is gone, so I'm not complaining at all.

sunpat41
on 6/14/11 5:00 am
My surgery was the day before yours and I have been in a stall, the scale didnt move any in over two weeks then goes down 2 lbs then up a lb then again today down 2 lbs, just keep doing what the doctor ordered and get all your protein and liquid in and it will start to come down
                        HW 250/ SW 246 CW 137

Daisy629
on 6/14/11 5:38 am - TN
Thanks for the encouragement.  I had the up 2 lbs, down 2 lbs thing happen too and was getting a little discouraged.  I'm glad I found a place where we can all encourage eachother.  I can't get to many of my support group meetings because they are mostly held during my work hours (would it kill them to have an evening one once a month?), so this has been a great place.  I must confess that I spent about 6 hours reading posts on Saturday
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 458 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 511 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 399 views
Recent Topics