liquid diet

shellybellymichele
on 6/12/11 1:42 pm - Canton, OH
I start my liquid diet tomorrow and it last for two weeks. Then I have my surgery on the 28th. I hope I make it through the liquid diet without going crazy.
on 6/12/11 2:23 pm - OR
we have the same surgery date :) I started liqids today a couple days early. I wanted practice!  Good luck
Amy R.
on 6/12/11 11:15 pm
It gets easier after the first couple of days, but it was still the hardest thing I had to do in this whole process. SO worth it though. Try to focus on the reason you are doing it (to shrink your liver so you won't have to have an open surgery or possibly get into the OR and just have to be stitched back up with NO surgery due to fatty liver. It does happen).

Make sure you come on the boards to get ideas and to just vent. Once it's over, you can cross one of the more difficult things off of your list. Don't know your surgeons protocol, but I was on liquids for 4 weeks postop, and that part didn't bother me at all.=)

Hang in. You can do it!!!!
shellybellymichele
on 6/13/11 5:34 am - Canton, OH
Thank you all so much. so far not too bad. one little slip up though. I was on the phone with my mother and my 2 year old was eating her scooby gram snacks and fed me one. I was just talking and i didn't even think about until after i swallowed and thought oh crap. I have to be more careful.
Most Active