Happy about foamies!

Heather M.
on 6/15/11 4:56 am - MI
I know what you are thinking.... you're crazy girl. But I'm not.

Before today (3 weeks after surgery) I have had absolutely no complications from surgery. Never once felt nauseous, never threw up, nothing. I also haven't lost weight in week 2 or week 3. I actually was to the point where I called my doc and asked him flat out, when you went in, did you actually DO the RNY?

Well, today I was eating a piece of canned chicken (like canned tuna, in water). And I knew as soon as I swallowed that the piece was not chewed enough. I wished I could have gotten it back. Anyway, I put it down, then about 20 minutes, I stat to get this gurgling, full feeling. STUPID ME, I took the tiniest sip of water.OMG DON'T DO THAT IF YOU THINK YOU ATE TOO MUCH/FAST.

Well, my mouth started watering and I was certain I was about to throw up, but I didn't. About 15 minutes later of walking all over the house, there it comes, a disgusting show of foamies. I didn't really feel better, I wanted to throw up the chicken but couldn't. Then, about 5 minutes after that, mouth waters again and here we go... but this time I got foam AND some chicken!!! Wow, do I feel better.

I knew this could happen, and I'm not concerned at all, but this means that YES he really DID do the surgery like he said, and my 'stall' should be breaking soon!!!

Just a question to you vets: Does this 'foamies' or throwing up my chicken hurt the pouch in any way? Should I call him and tell him so he can look to see if it's torn?

So, YAY! Foamies suck, but I'm happy about it. FYI fo you that get that 'omg, I'l about to throw up' feeling.... don't drink. I need to get my but to the store to get payaya. I've known about this, but I figured it would never happen to me.

Love to you all! Thanks again everyone for helping me through!!
Ladytazz
on 6/15/11 6:48 am
 I actually felt the same way when I got the foamies.  I felt so normal after surgery that it was nice to have a common side effect to know that something was done.
I don't think it will hurt you if it isn't too extreme.  If you experience a new or unusual pain I would call the doctor, otherwise just keep an eye on it.
I had the foamies for about 2 months and I haven't had them since.  Chicken was usually the culprit but it happened with other things, too.  One time I got it after taking my vitamins.
I love chicken so I kept trying it a few times a wee****il it stopped giving me problems.  I eat it most every day now.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Heather M.
on 6/15/11 6:58 am - MI
Thanks Lady Tazz!

I feel so much better now too. Yeah, I figured that if I don't have any pain later in the day (which I don't), I wouldn't make an emergency call to doc. I mean, it's been 3 weeks, so I'm sure the pouch is healed to the point it can 'stomach' a vomit (hehe like the pun?)

Off to the ballpark! Go Tigers!!
cabin111
on 6/15/11 3:09 pm
Normal...No need to call the doc...Part of the process.  You just sit in front of the sink or with a bowl or cup and spit and spit!!  It slows you down.  Also if your nose starts to run or you get the hiccups...Stop eating and wait.  Your pouch is talking to you...Are you listening??