Are some days better than others?

disney..lover
on 6/15/11 1:01 pm
I cannot eat much at a time yet, I am 7 weeks post op, but I have felt good....Today, no no.....
Had a little breakfast and felt full much sooner than normal, then lunch, something I had before, my pouch did not like it, I had to throw up, and it was like a foam and then lunch. Has this happened to anybody else? Normal?
Rebecca H.
on 6/15/11 1:16 pm
It hasn't happend to me before but I've heard others talk about it. I think it happens from time to time, trying to figure out what you can and can't tolerate.
AddisynsMommy
on 6/15/11 1:20 pm - FL
 Personal expierence is its normal to have good and bad pouch days! Some days I can not eat a single thing without being or feeling sick. Sometimes it's even off of foods ive had before. you are still healing and your pouch will decide in time. I know it's rough but keep on it!
Nan2008
on 6/15/11 1:26 pm - Midland, MI
What you experienced is the 'foamies'.  That is the term used when you eat something to fast or do not chew it well enough and it sits very heavy in your pouch.  Eventually you get the 'foamies' which is like throwing up saliva and foam stuff.

I experienced this a lot in the early months out of surgery, but eventually learned to take smaller bites and chew, chew, chew! 

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

nfarris79
on 6/16/11 12:11 am - Germantown, MD
 Absolutely normal to have some good days & some not so much. Some small pouch days, some bigger. Sometimes food does well, next day -maybe try again later. Your body is continually adjusting to this change. I'm over 2 months out and feel the good days outweigh the bad, especially since I stopped pressuring myself to eat more than 1x/day and have no problem with my shakes (other than taste fatigue). 

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

mandajolyn
on 6/16/11 2:53 pm - Tallahassee, FL
It's normal! Some days are better than others, one day a food will sit fine, the next it will make you sick. Hang in there, it gets better! My husband is just over 8 weeks out and has the same issues as you.
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Most Active
Recent Topics