Poking my head up to say hi

azurepenguin
on 6/20/11 2:04 am - Arlington, TX
 Hey there RNY board.

It's been the better part of a year since I've popped up on here.  Life just got crazy busy and I couldn't commit the time to popping in here every day.  Shame on me!  But I need to get re-focused and back on here.  

Life has taken a big change since I was last on OH regularly.  I've quit work and I'm a full time college student again.  I'm headed back to get my Associates Degree in (drumroll) Culinary Arts.  I'm loving what I'm doing and more than anything I'm loving not being at my former place of work.  The past 6 months has really made clear how miserable I was there.

Not working full time has also given me time to really start sewing again too.  I've started taking commissison work as a tiny bit of supplimental income.

I'm hoping to stay on here.  I'm sure there are a couple generations of people who have started on here and stopped since I was last on.  But for those of you I 'know' I hope I can reconnect with you again soon.  I've missed my WLS community.

Jenn
aka: Genevieve in the SCA
         Shyama as a American Tribal (belly dance) performer  

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/20/11 2:22 am
hey babe.. still here..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cyndi G.
on 6/20/11 5:03 am - Petersburg, VA
I was wondering about you! Glad things are well! Welcome back!!

IowaTeacher
on 6/20/11 7:59 am
Hey! Good to see you back! I've been more off the board than on, but I read daily.

I'm glad to hear you're doing something you really enjoy!
Nancy

339/161/154
sw/cw/gw

SweetGirl11
on 6/20/11 2:09 pm
Nice to see you back on!  I've seen posts asking about you over the months.  I'm really happy for you about going to school for Culinary Arts!  Sounds like a great new beginning for you.  Congratulations on your weight loss too!

Michelle    (OH member since 2004 - new user name)

HW 285 / SW 270 / GW 140 / LW 135 / CW 185

RNY 6/8/2009  
Starting size 26/28, now size 12/14

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  -Hebrews 13:8

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 264 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 311 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 329 views