Home from surgery!

bittybabynurse
on 6/24/11 12:36 pm - MN
I got home about 3 this afternoon. Went in yesterday at 0730. Surgery took a little longer than expected, the surgeon found a hiatal hernia, which he says he finds in 60-70% of RNY patients. He fixed it (whoo hooo a two for one!) and assured me I'd never have heart burn again.

Things are going okay, I'm in a bit of pain at the moment. Its been a little tough, my 2 yr old isn't getting that she can't sit/jump/run/rough-house on or with mommy. She kinda landed on my belly at one point and took my breath away for a few minutes. :( Not fun...

I've been able to take 6oz of protein shake total today, sipping on water too of course. Looking forward to sleeping in my own bed, or more likely arm chair tonight and feeling lots better tomorrow!
Highest  272 Consult 265 Goal 165 Current 158    

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker]
LoriLH
on 6/24/11 1:00 pm - MI
Wow!  Home in one day, that's great!
Take it easy, walk, walk, walk and sip, sip, sip....that's the mantra for upcoming days! 
Keep good records of your protein intake. 
I used ice packs on my incision site for pain, worked great!

Good luck with your two year old, that's going to be a tough one :)

Congrats and take care of yourself!

Lori

Jenny_D
on 6/24/11 1:49 pm - Canton, GA
Welcome home! I can't believe you're home 24 hours after surgery. Wow!

I have a 21 mo old and an almost 4 year old, so I feel your (literal) pain. The wee ones just don't understand Mommy has an "ouchie".

Welcome to the loser's bench!
Jenny         HW: 268 / SW: 254 / CW: 180 / GW: 140
First 5K: 4.21.2012 - Time: 34:45 - 2nd Place in age group
Second 5K: 6.2.2012 - Time 37:09

princessfrogee
on 6/24/11 1:54 pm - AL
Glad to hear it all went well!  I was worried about my little doggy as he HAS to sleep with me (he thinks) but he has been great and senses something out of sorts.  He lays across my lap and doesn't woller all over my stomach like usual.  He was sniffing at my stomach so he probably smells the sutures, medicine, ??  But he stays close and protects me.  ha ha 

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
Jaysgirl303
on 6/25/11 8:51 am - VA
Wow you got home fast!! I have to stay at least 2 days  I am not happy about leaving my girls for that long at all!! Glad you are doing to well sounds like surgery went great!!! Drink lots n lots of water and rest! The baby will be happy just to know your there I am sure

bittybabynurse
on 6/26/11 2:04 am - MN
On June 25, 2011 at 3:51 PM Pacific Time, Jaysgirl303 wrote:
Wow you got home fast!! I have to stay at least 2 days  I am not happy about leaving my girls for that long at all!! Glad you are doing to well sounds like surgery went great!!! Drink lots n lots of water and rest! The baby will be happy just to know your there I am sure

They gave me the option to stay another day, when I first got home I wished I had stayed the extra day. But being in the hospital made me a bit lazy, I walk more now that I'm at home. My little one has gotten better. I showed her the incisions so she could see where my "owies" were. She's done better - she does keep wanting to kiss my belly to make me feel better! Such a sweetheart!

Good luck mama - you're just about there!

Highest  272 Consult 265 Goal 165 Current 158    

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker]
Jaysgirl303
on 6/26/11 3:50 am - VA
Aww that's so cute! When I had my hysterectomy in Sep I kept a pillow on my lap all the time "just in case" the babies forgot Mommy had a boo boo. Sounds like your doing good with the walking!! I know!! Only 2 more days and I will be on my way with you! Sip sip sip and walk walk walk .

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 198 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 14 views
Recent Topics