Nervous! Got my date today!

stellasnyder1
on 7/5/11 8:45 am - Williams, AZ

I saw the surgeon today and they scheduled me for July 18. I was doing great, now I'm so nervous. Start my 2 week diet tomorrow and that isn't even a worry. Scared about the whole diet after. Not that I haven't done tons of research! Anybody want to post their post-op diet for me?

HW 272 / SW 242 / GW 150      
Lisa R.
on 7/5/11 10:50 am - CA
Congrats on your date!  

You are going to have more trouble with the pre diet then the post diet.  At least with the post diet you have the surgery to help you, with the pre diet it is ALL YOU!!  I see lots of people posting how bad the pre diet is and how they feel like they are failing.  I am so happy my surgeon gave me a one day liquid diet before surgery!  WooHoo.

Post diets range, alot!  Your surgeon and NUT will tell you want you can have and how much of it to eat.  No one is probably posting an answer to this because there are soooo many different diets post surgery it is crazy.  Some people do puree foods, some people are told no protein shakes, others are forced to drink them (yuck).  Some people get to eat solid food in a week others have to wait a month.  Some are allowed chicken at a month others have to wait 2 months.  My doctor allowed salad at 1 month, I have seen others who are almost 6 months out and not allowed to eat salad.  

Your doctor should have a pre-surgery appointment where they will go over the post op diet they will want you to follow.   

Good Luck!

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
stellasnyder1
on 7/5/11 12:10 pm - Williams, AZ
Thank you!

HW 272 / SW 242 / GW 150      
astrochick18
on 7/5/11 11:28 am - Archer, FL
Congrats! You will do great.

I had 8 days to prepare for my surgery. I found out on 6/15/11 and was scheduled for surgery on 6/23/11. Talk about a whirlwind!

Anyways, just stock up on the things you will need at home for your diet after surgery. My post-op diet consist of 4oz. of full or clear liquids every HOUR. I have to have at least four 4oz protein shakes a day. In between, I get to choose from sugar-free pudding/jello/yogurt, soupy oatmeal/cream of wheat, diluted apple juice, gatorade, and water.

stellasnyder1
on 7/5/11 12:12 pm - Williams, AZ
Good Luck to you...thank you for the update...

HW 272 / SW 242 / GW 150      
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 196 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 117 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 0 views