Old Post op just back from vacation

JENNI-8yrsPostOP
on 7/6/11 2:58 am
I'll be 10 yrs post op RNY in a couple months and just got back from vacation yesterday. We had a blast, rode the motorcycles almost 3000 miles. I ate well, drank well (water) and did manage a few glasses of wine with friends. Eating on the road isn't that hard, if you know what to do, and
I always come back from vacation a few pounds less than when I left. That NEVER happened pre op!  Went from Minnesota out through N. Dakota and northern Montana to Glacier National Park. Hiked, took amazing pics, met some great people and continued to western MT, into Missoula. Shopped, walked, ate at great restaurants, and had a good time with old and new friends. Continued on to Yellowstone where we went from a couple hundred feet to almost 10,000 ft. walked trails, went to the hot springs, dinner at gorgeous old lodges, and the riding through the park was spectacular. Went to Custer State Park in S. Dakota and rode for 2 days there. Lots of water!! Lots of trail walking to waterfalls, etc. Stopped at historic sites and wandered through the Black Hills. 2 days ride home and got in last nite. I still marvel at the amount of exercise I can do every single day. How moving and lots of water keeps my weight at goal, and how fun life is when my weight isn't such an issue. The exercising I do is so fun, it's not work. I still get too full on a small amount, I do protein forward or only meals. Snack on protein first (chocolate comes later). I want the newbies to know that this new lifestyle you're embracing is amazing. It's the most fun, rewarding and amazing journey I've ever been on. I still have WOW moments 9 years later and I wouldn't change anything I've done since the day I decided to have wls surgery. I'm 53 yrs young, can run circles around most of my younger friends, I know losing the weight gave me a new lease on life and I'm embracing it every single day. We have to - we've been given this gift. Just an update to let posties know that life is good after wls - even a long time after.  Am on my way out today to have more WOW moments. Everyone take care-
jen 9+ yrs post op - Open RNY.
GrandmaSusan
on 7/6/11 3:03 am - ME
Thank you so very much for giving us a snapshot of what life can look like on the other side!!!  So happy for you, so hopefull for me!

My Name is Susan & I'm a Happy Loser!!

Mindy B.
on 7/6/11 4:02 am
Your post is amazing...and your vacation sounds WONDERFUL!! Way to go!! I am so anxious to get to the other side!! Cannot wait!

HW:  306
Surgery weight:  287.5

CarolBeth
on 7/6/11 4:13 am - SoCal, CA
Thank you.  My surgery is Monday and you give me great hope for the future.  I was beginning to second guess myself, and it's stories like yours that make me realize I am making the right decision.
Carol - RNY July 11, 2011

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 338 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 249 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 104 views