HELP PLZ 5 DAY POUCH TEST QUESTIONS

Annie E.
on 7/6/11 7:14 am
Ok, so I've noticed myself grazing alot, eating things I shouldn't be, etc. and read that to make sure your pouch gets stable again is to do the 5 day pouch test.  I've tried reading exact instructions how, but am only getting bits and pieces unless I pay money to buy the manual or something.  So I'm under the impression that I do:
Day 1 & 2: liquids, puddings, jellos only
Day 3: soft proteins like scrambled eggs and tuna
Day 4: firm proteins like ground beef and turkey
Day 5: solid proteins like chicken

Thats all the info I've gathered.  Does that mean I don't do my fruits and veggies with this or is it just protein only?  Any other foods that fit in these categories?  Any suggestions?  What do I do after Day 5? 

Thanks for any advice, support, help!
 - Annie -                         
 GODZGRL  
Goal Weight 145 lb. Met On: 2/5/11 

265.0  (5/1/10)    242.0 (6/29/10)     136.4 (4/03/11)
 HW                        SW                        NOW 
-------------------------------------------------------

lynnc99
on 7/6/11 7:21 am
I haven't done the 5DPT but my understanding is close to yours with a slight variation:

Day 1: full liquids
Day 2: Purees
Day 3: Soft protein/soft foods
Day 4: Firm proteins/ground meats
Day 5: Full protein

I believe that the intention is to "reteach" the discipline of the post op days so while fruits and veggies are not to be omitted, they should be limited just as they were when we were on those post op phases. So...none on Day 1. Unsweeted applesauce on Day 2. A few bites of banana or cooked veggies on Day 3.

I'll be curious how this works for you. I have heard people react with surprise when they don't lose weight during the 5DPT, but others have expressed that it really helped reorient them to the rules and being aware of the pouch.